Why do people find piercings nasty?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Sep 3, 2008.

?

are piercings nasty?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. no

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Each to they're own

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  4. they are for troubled people?

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

This is a spin off from the thread "things a sci former will never say"

and i said that i would never say, i will not have any more piercings, and steve100 said that he finds lip piercings revolting?

i unerstand that its his point of view, but many people i know love them, (including me) so what is it with piercings that people find so nasty?

many cultures in the world have nose piercings, would the same people be saying, they find that revolting?

isn't it up to the person who is being pierced where they are pierced, yes its true i have lots of piercings, some i like more than others, for obvious reasons i love my "Horizontal Clitoral Hood" piercing,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(Now some of you are saying, more information than was required but tough)

so what is it with piercings that you all hate so much?

if it was done for a religous thing, you wouldnt be saying anything against it.

this is what i am having done next:

i put the, they are for troubled people option because someone once said that to me, when they saw me with all of mine in my face and ears!!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

My home made prince Albert is giving me grief.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I don't think that having pain when I don't need it is something I'd relish doing to myself. I'd think that if something is painful then that is your body telling you there's a problem and to stop whatever you are doing to ease the pain. Pain is meant to prevent your body from experiencing undo harm to itself. It is a warning that we all should heed whenever pain happens to us. Then there are those that enjoy pain and to them this type of thing is just fine. But that's their trip, not mine!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

The pain is very transitory, although there are some that do for the pain.
    In my case it was as painful as pulling out a hair.

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Out of curiosity, what happens when you encounter magnets ?

9. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

And there's the snagging factor to consider. When I was playing nude cane toad croquet, I got the prince Albert stuck in a hoop which in itself was O.K until my pissed mate hit a full drive which I blocked inadvertently.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Surgical (stainless) steel is usually non-magnetic.
    Alternatively, it does tend to work as a "chick magnet", when women find out they get very interested.
    (Which is not why I did it).

11. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Standing stark naked at airport security with nothing but my Prince albert and a aubergine sized ( and coloured) haemorrhoid for cover is mildly amusing.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

why did you it? and i have to wonder, would people be complaining if they saw an asian woman with a nose piercing?

i did mine for differant reasons, for example, my "Horizontal Clitoral Hood" i did because "x" marks the spot

my ears because everyone else had them, my lip because it looks sexy, my eyes brows because i was bored one day, my nose because i like it, my tounge because a freind dared me, my nipples because it adds sensitivity, and my nape when i get it done because it looks good!!

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

This is why many people get it done as well. They really don't have anything to do with themselves so they inflict pain unto themselves. I'd rather read a good book, go fishing or just walk around but never would I think of causing pain to myself, but that's just me.

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH FUCK

It's NOT, I repeat NOT, about wanting to hurt yourself goddammit! Please throw out that self mutilation shit right now.

It's purely about adorning your body, not wanting to damage it. WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND??

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I understand , but would rather not cause pain to myself as you seem to like doing, that is all.

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Because I wanted to.
    In both cases I thought it was a good idea, gave myself a few months to really consider it and then had it done.
    Never regretted it.
    It's only one ear and one nipple after all.

17. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

some people dont want to understand VI, they would rather sit there and think we are damaged people with lots on our minds, or we are EMO.

18. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I've had more piercings than I care to remember. I've had a knife through my hand, nails in my feet, fish hooks, spikes and venom spines in my fingers. I've had deep punctures from dogs, cats ferrets, even parrots, all kinds of thorns, splinters and insect stings.
    I don't need any more.

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

you agve yourself 3 months to think about having you ear done?

damn i walk past a tattoo parlour and decide "yeah why not, lets go and have a look" and never regretted any of them

20. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I gotta conclude that you're right. People don't like to acknowledge that their view on the world may actually be a pile of manure.

*jumps on your head repeatedly then rapes the remains*

There, did that fulfil your stereotype?

21. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

At the time it was not quite as prevalent as it is today... I'm talking about more than 30 years ago.

And I gave each of my tats equal consideration, although one took much longer 'cos I wanted to make sure the translation was 100% correct.

22. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Holy shit mate. like a regular fucking steve Irwin..without the outragous TV aspect.

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

most of my tattoos did have cincieration i just saw a few tattoos that i desperatly wanted and had them done.

My welsh dragon being the lastest which i had done in july