Are all US soldiers invaders/killers?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by S.A.M., Sep 1, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So which are the ones not involved in invasion and killing? What do they do? This is not a question on their willingness, but on their actions.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

SAM,
    You know this thread is just going to go straight down the pan (toilet). Armchair politics really is a futile hobby. You can't change anything (Although someone's bound to cite some blog or Youtube video feed that's changed the world

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) and all you do is upset yourself and/or other people.

I guess the real question should be:
    "Do you really need to know the answer to your questions?"

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I'm interested in knowing if the people who protest that US troops are not all the same have anything to back up their rhetoric. With two countries under occupation [not counting the ongoing forced occupation of Guantanamo Bay in Cuba] and 1000 military bases worldwide, are there any US troops who are not invaders or killers?

Any US troops who have not invaded or killed anyone are welcome to reply.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The ones who are there at the invitation of the democratically elected Iraqi government.

One hopes that they help with the rebuilding of the country, and in keeping the peace by reducing sectarian violence and terrorist actions by members of groups such as Al Qaeda.

Most soldiers, US or otherwise, have never killed anybody.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The puppet government? They haven't killed anyone? Can you prove this? Can I see a copy of the invitation?

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Killing is a part of a soldier's job.

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Your proof of this?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sure, it came into existence under an occupation. No free government can come up under an occupation, its called Common Sense 101.

12. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

SAM-I normally respect your take on things, but this one is beneath you. If you want to discuss the invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan, go to the politics forum. Don't attack the soldiers for acting in their country's interest. That's like if I suggested all citizens of India were dirty cow-worshippers.

13. John99 Banned Banned

S.p.A.M said: No free government can come up under an occupation

Sure they can.

14. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

If you are wondering if there are non-combat roles in the us military, yes. The support roles probably make up more than half of all combat troops.

15. John99 Banned Banned

thats not nice.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What you call an "occupation", SAM, some might call a peacekeeping operation.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You associate running torture camps with peace? Tell me, if Australia was in the same condition that Iraq is today, would you still call the Americans peacekeepers? I find your attitude really amazing. Considering the condition of Aboriginals in Australia. Do you consider Australians as peacekeepers to the Aborigines, because they have kindly consented them to live in a part of their land? Do Australian "peacekeeping" actions make up for the genocide they committed? The Americans invaded Iraq and destroyed it. They are still killing Iraqis at this moment. I don't call that peacekeeping, they should get out immediately.

And no one calls it anything BUT the occupation of Iraq
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-invasion_Iraq,_2003–2006

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  18. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I really have mixed feelings on this one, On one hand, they may be innocent participants and cannon fodder, but that doesn't mean that they aren't invaders/killers.. It's a bit too general for me, lets just stick to invaders, because, no matter how you put it, every war is an invasion.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

George Bush could do nothing without the brainless twits that follow his bidding.

20. John99 Banned Banned

Too bad wars have to be fought. Everyone should just work and be happy. Just enjoy the civilization we built.

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Is there something wrong with invasion?

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

None, then.

Unless you are counting some kind of retroactive invitation extended to an already occupying army, from a shaky, unrepresentative, only partially governing client regime put in power by that army.

SAM seems to be counting every US soldier ever stationed abroad as an invader, and every soldier involved in a killing somehow as a killer. So we should just count the soldiers in the US military and answer her question in her terms, and move on.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are any of the military bases abroad not the result of a condition imposed by the US? Any that were the result of an invitation extended by an elected free government? The Guantanamo Bay occupation for example, was a condition imposed by the US for the withdrawal of US troops from Cuba. Inspite of breaking all conditions of that treaty and being asked to leave, the US refuses to do so.