Why Can't I Eat?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by 11parcal, Sep 1, 2008.

1. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

I'm a 6'4" tall fifteen year old boy and for some reason I cannot eat, for example for breakfast today I ate 3 slices of a peach and felt completely full, why is this happening to me?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

How active are you? Activity is the best appetite-builder by far!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Well i've been inactive for most of the summer but lately i've been more active then usual, I lost my appetite about 3 days ago

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I'm 6'7", and 31. Whenever I'd grow my appetite used to vanish, then return twice as strong. It usually went over the course of a few weeks. Don't freak out too much. If you were eating and then becoming violently ill-I'd say to see an MD. If this is really, really stressing you out. See an MD.

8. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Okay forgot to add this in my post, I recently went through a "break up" of sorts and I think that may be affecting me, she was one of my best friends before we started dating and it hasn't really affected our friendship, when we're together a feel fine, however for about an hour after we part ways I feel incredibly sad, I'm concerned it may be depression, I seem to take life far to seriously

9. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

It's around 15-21 that people with gigantism start to grow themselves to death. They just get too big for their hearts. One of the earliest symptoms is the loss of appetite, your body notices the unusual growth rate and naively thinks it can slow it down by supressing your appetite, it's as though it doesn't realise you are a freak. Sad really. So much effort is put in by the body to saving itself even when it is doomed.
    Doomed.

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That can certainly be a major factor - but it will pass. And becoming even more active will help you on BOTH of those fronts.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Way to make me feel good Doc.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

That's called being a teenager, it's lame and embarrassing, but it's not related to your loss of appetite, normal teenagers eat a shittonne, people dieing of gigantism don't.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

11parcal change of appetite IS a symptom of depression but its only one of the things which can indicate depression. its also only a secondry indicator and for it to even come into the piture it has to be established that you have either "a depressed or sad mood all day, every day over the last 2 weeks"

i cant open this at the moment but i THINK this is the right link for you
    http://www.who-5.org/

if its not i apologise, as i said i cant open the PDF file at the moment

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

How much do you weigh? Are you going to be underweight if you lose five pounds trying to figure this out? Do you have any favorite foods that you really love? Have you tried them lately? Do you enjoy eating more with a group of friends? Has school started where you live? That can be a big stress.

Breaking up with a lover can certainly mess up your metabolism.

15. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

On the other hand, it's been found that if you have the "longevity gene" and have a frugal appetite, you have a good chance of being a centenarian.

16. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

I weigh about 215 pounds, around the upper end of the normal weight for my height and it really doesn't matter WHAT I eat or with whom, then again I eat much less when my Ex is around, in any case I'm starting to come to terms with the loss and my appetite should hopefully begin to return and no, school doesn't start until tomorrow (It's 1 AM on monday morning here)

17. Cannon Registered Senior Member

I used to weight 160 lbs, I had a near breakdown after a relationship of 2 years was breaking apart, working 25 hours a week and school for 40. I lost 10 lbs a week for three weeks, ending up at 127 lbs. I now weight 145 lbs, I eat 3500 calories a day to stay at this weight. I have been eating near 4000 calories for the last two months and I have gained three pounds. I more than likely have an overactive thyroid which will eventually lead to some other problems Im guessing. But as such I will never be very large. I am extremly strong for my weight. I leg press 650 lbs 2 rep max, bench 145 my weight, curl 85 lbs and have a one arm pull of 100 lbs. My hand grip strength is 125lbs and I pinch at 35 lbs. None of that really matters, but it does. Large people are not necessarily strong and vice versa. Try eating what you can when you can. Check your weight. If you are constantly losing weight, you must do the only thing you can and force yourself. I forced myself to eat during my depression, 3,000 calories a day made shure of it. I still lost weight. If I had not eaten, I shurely would have died from exaustion. Please do what you can.[

18. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

my son has the same problem and his doctor said that if he continues to eat just a little then his appitite will come back eventually, has long has you are eating somthing it better than nothing.

for example yes yesterday my son had,

breakfast: nothing
    lunch: a muffin and a glass of warm milk
    dinner: one meat ball and one potatoe
    supper: nothing