The Story Thread!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Norsefire, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Basically, it's simple. Everyone can contribute, as many times as they wish.....but here's how it goes:

It's supposed to be one continual story. I will start it off, and write approx. one paragraph, and then you must continue it, and do the same, and so on and so forth. Only roughly one paragraph please (nothing ridiculously long or short)

Ok, let me start if off:

One evening day, a young man named Bernard was taking a walk when he noticed a crazed old lady running toward him. He thought it was rather odd, of course, and so naturally he said, "Erm, are you okay?"
    The old lady started at him for what seemed to be forever, before finally responding, "Why, yes, thank you for asking"
    "Any particular reason why you are running around screaming?" He asked
    All of a sudden, in a flash of light, she was lifted up into the air, and suddenly the warm evening atmosphere became cold and dead. All was dark, and there was nothing in that space apart from himself and the old, floating lady....

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Again? We've had so many of these. Don't forget the rule to not make the universe blow up or any form of "the end" because that is what people do all the time. It's a continuing story. Continuity is also important.

After seeing what happened, Bernard turned around, and bolted. Screaming his head off. He ran into Rina, a black-haired girl of medium stature. "What is wrong with you?", asked Rina. "Out of my way weirdo, some lady just got freeze dried by a beam of light." Bernard pushed Rina aside, and continued to flee. Rina looked further down, and saw a light in the distance. She then continued to run after Bernard. They both turned into a nearby park, and continued fleeing accross.

Telli, a depressed black-haired boy of medium stature, was sitting on the swings being depressed when he saw the two of them running underneath a picnic table.

Bernard: "Get out of here freak. This is my hiding spot."
    Rina: "What did you see?"
    Bernard: "I don't know, and I hope it doesn't find me."

Telli (standing above them): "What are you two hiding from?"

Suddenly, a flying saucer with a light beaming from under it, flew by the path that the other two were running down.

Rina: "We have to track it down, and find out what it is."
    Telli: "I'm too depressed."
    Bernard (To Rina): "Are you out of your grill? You didn't see what that thing did to the old lady."
    Rina (To Telli): "What are you depressed about?"
    Telli: "I wanted to make it official with this girl I was hanging out with for the past month. Then she told me she wasn't interested because she had a date tomorrow with this musculine dude that she had been having sex with for the last 2 weeks."
    Berard and Rina: "Oh."
    Rina: "Look I think I know what it is, but I can't do this by myself. I need somebody to come with me. I'll explain on the way."

Rina starts walking off. She turns around. "Can you postpone your depression please, and come on?" Telli depressingly follows Rina.

Bernard: "You can't leave me here by myself." Bernard starts to follow the two of them.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Bernard suddenly had a violent seizure. Rina screamed, pulled off her jacket, rolled it up and stuck it under his head so he wouldn't break his skull thrashing around. A rivulet of blood trickled from his mouth. Rina went to dial 999 on her mobile, but had no signal. While she did this Bernard seemed to morph; he was becoming insubstantial, see through, like a ghost. An aura of white light radiated from his convulsing body. A high-pitched alarm-like noise filled the air.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Telli (screaming over the noise): "What's happening to him?"
    Telli moves in to help. The noise dies down.
    Rina: "Stay back. He's infected. I don't think he's gonna make it."
    Telli: "Well you've come into contact with him. You'll get infected too."

Suddenly, Bernard begins to gain consciousness. However, as he stands up, he begins screaming frantically. The other two back away watching him. In an instant, Bernard is back to his senses.
    Bernard: "Well we better get a move on then."

Telli gives him a bewildered look. Rina widens her eyes as if knowing what is about to happen. All of a sudden, in a flash of light, Bernard is lifted up into the air. The two of them make a run for it.

Rina: "There!" (Pointing to a pub.) "We need to get some liquor in case we got infected."
    Telli: "I don't drink."
    Rina: "Well you're going to tonight."

The two of them barge into the pub causing everybody to look at them. Telli waves his hand to the crowd embarassingly.

Rina (to the bartender): "I need 2 of the strongest stuff you got."
    Telli (leaning into Rina): "What the hell just happened to your boyfriend?"
    Rina: "He's not my boyfriend." Bartender hands them the drinks.
    Rina (to bartender): "Thank you. Keep the change." as she pays him. "Bottoms up."

They both toast glasses, and drink.

Telli: "Are they aliens? Is the world going to end?"
    Rina: "No the world is not going to end. They're interdimensional beings. That loud noise from earlier was them transporting out of our reality."

Sandy, a smiling hot blond girl approaches Telli. In a sexy voice, Sandy says, "Hi there. I'm Sandy." Sandy and Telli shake hands.
    Rina: "Hey bimbo. How do you know he's not with me?"
    Sandy rolls her eyes at Rina.

Rina: "Let's get outta here."
    Telli (resisting): "But. . ."
    Rina (pulling Telli out): "Let's go. We have to move."

They begin walking towards the spot where the flying saucer seemed to be heading towards earlier.
    Rina: "Neither of us have detonated so I think we should be fine."
    Telli (still focused on Sandy): "But..."
    Rina: "If there was any trace of infection, the alcohol would have wiped it out immediately. What was your name?"
    Telli: "I'm Telli."
    Rina: "I'm Rina. Nice to meet you. I think that's the spot up ahead. Everything seems to have calmed down, so I'm pretty sure it's gone."
    Telli: "Who are you, and what are we doing here?"
    Rina: "I'm from Earth, but I live on a space station in another star system. A few years ago, I became the guardian of this sector of the galaxy. I'm in charge of keeping it safe. That's about all I can tell you for now. Oh and I was wondering if you could help me.
    Telli: "Huh?"
    Rina: "I was wondering if you could get my weapon from my hotel room while I stay here, and monitor for residuals. I need to make sure this area is clear of infection. I. . ."

Suddenly the two of them are caught in a vortex. The world around them begins to crumble, and reassmble itself. When reality solidifies, the two of them find themselves in the middle of a field high up in some mountains. They are clearly in another dimension. . .

8. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Rina: "Crap."
    Bernard: "Hey guys. I didn't think you'd make it."

As Rina and Telli got their bearings, they saw that Bernard wasn't alone. There was an older lady there with him, and another girl. She was dark, seductive, and a little confused.

"I'm Alice." said the old lady. "This is Bernard and Monica. We just met a few minutes ago. Do either of you know what is going on here? What is this strange place?"

Monica: "I wanna go home. This place is gross."
    Telli: "I'm Telli and this is Rina. She's fom outer space.
    Rina: "I'm not from outer space. . . technically."

Suddenly, a noise filled the air.
    Rina: "Follow me. We need to find cover."

They began heading up a path towards a cave. Looking far down in the distance, they could see a small village. . .

9. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

And then; potatoes, hundreds of them. All laid in a pile blocking their path.
    "We must eat our way through the potatoes" exclaimed Rina.

They set out on an epic struggle to eat their way through the potato roadblock, until Rina lost hope after devouring 13 stones of them...

Until, in the distance; a silhouette of a man walking towards them from a gleaming light.