Overly Civilized?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Norsefire, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Is there a such thing as too civilized? So what about fights, and roudiness, and rough play! Geez!

Some people constantly are "well, this is uncivilized"; I mean c'mon, there is a such thing as too civilized IMO. Let's have public hangings and lets' have gladiator fights!

Even if they aren't "civilized". Civilized often means BORING.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

This from the guy who wants military schools and maintained that the culture you live in is never boring?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Sure, I want discipline....but I don't see what you're connecting. The culture wouldn't be "overly civlized", it'd be just right, with the rough and the soft.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I'm connecting your contention that one's culture can't be considered boring (from the military schools thread) and your counter-contention that it already is (this thread).
    The civilisation that we have now (which you're saying is boring) is part of the culture that exists..

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The culture is the culture and should be maintained; what matters is what that culture is. Todays' culture in, for instance, many European nations is overly civilized, and really quite boring.

So find a good one first; people today are too soft.

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I agree. Starting today, I'm going to move to Africa and live like my ancestors. I'll live to the ripe old age of 30.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

This is, of course, based on your vast personal knowledge and experience of many European nations.

11. Harnu Semper Fidelis Registered Senior Member

Too much civilization and being nice to everyone and treating everyone equally is letting all the weak people destroy us from within

12. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

It is control we lack. One world dictatorial rule. Death is the only inalienable right. Every aspect of every individual's life will conform to the government schedule. Your mind is free to think away, so long as you produce what is required of you by the state. If you are unable to meet production, you serve no purpose, and you will no longer be supported or protected by the state. Any move against the government means you will be forced to live for as long as possible doing the most menial, degrading task possible.

Now that's what I call FUN!

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

This is not what I consider fun. This is what I consider, no life, and nothing better to do. Get yourself a computer, learn how to read a book, feed the homeless, get a girlfriend, etc. Otherwise, if you really enjoy rough play that much, find people to play with that are also into that crap.

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

If you wanna fight, go do it with others who want to fight, somewhere you're not disrupting anyone else's life.