what would it involve to move to mexico?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by John99, Aug 29, 2008.

1. John99 Banned Banned

i dont speak spanish but i would learn.

i dont have any money but i want to live i n a small village and live in a shack.

i want to farm my own food.

so where should i go? and what is involved?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

also, is it safe?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Lord knows whether it's safe, or how to go about it.
    But I imagine you will need quite a hefty sum of money if you wish to begin farming your own food.

8. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

John, it should be very easy, you'll be one of millions who relocate, scale down and live the good life.
    Other areas attracting many are Central America ( Belize, Costa Rica) South America and the South Pacific.

I've got my spot in Fiji awaiting me.

Setting up an organic home garden/permaculture is cheap as chips, as is land, housing etc.

My advantage in Fiji is volcanic soil, ample water, warmth and the big one, a massive reef system full of brilliant fish, crayfish, mudcrabs, prawns etc and I am a brilliant fisherman (not to mention cook).

Do it John, you'll never look back.

9. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

If you have to ask it definately isn't safe. It's honestly not safe for an american or british person to move to new zealand, or vice versa, let alone a country that actually is dangerous. Lone travellers get murdered, it's a simple fact of life, it's partly because they have to meet and deal with lots of strangers, also because we're all less adept at judging how sinister people are from different cultures. Even when they speak the same language, we miss subtle cues, when they speak a different language, forget about it.
    On top of that, people are instinctually inclined to murder foreigners, anyone with that "fish out of water" vibe about them tends to incite people who've fantasised about murder to finally "take the plunge" and do it.
    The worst part about mexico is no one cares if people get murdered in mexico, so the people there don't even have that "better not, might get caught" fake angel on their shoulder, they know they can very easily get away with killing people. Regular people who wouldn't kill someone for shitting on their daughter in america will kill you for farting in mexico. And I'm talking about the ones who aren't drunk (1 in 100 million).
    It's like the wild west. You'll just go missing and won't even have the luxury of becoming a noted statistic.
    I'd say the chances of you being murdered if you move to mexico are close to %100.

10. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Dr. Lou, I'm about 70% sure that was all tongue in cheek, if not you're worse than I thought.

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

You can farm your own food in Montana or Nebraska or anywhere, so why Mexico?

12. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

It's warm!...and tequila is cheap.

13. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

You talk about farming your own food as if that was a good thing.
    Farming is hard work. You have to dig holes!

Schpood, I just read this about Mexico in an old copy of the Tantawangalo Times.

Tantawangalo Times 29/06/1978
    Of all the hippies on the newly formed Tantawangalo trailer camp, undoubtedly the most dangerous and strange are those who have previously lived in Mexico.

Sorry Spud, that backs up Dr Lou's hypothesis.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  14. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Isn't running towards better than running away?

15. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Carry a gun, how much more fun could you have in your golden years? Being an angry old gringo.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Yup, I've had enough: patiently waiting in queues, losing at cricket, putting up with incompetent governments, listening to other people's point of view.
    I'm off to Mexico, where men are men!

Ay Caramba! (whatever that means)

18. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Pack a big Hat!

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

And allot of Iodine for the polluted water you'll be drinking.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Ahh!..Cosmic,,I'm not going to freakin' Mexico to drink fucking water!

Which bit are you missing here?

21. John99 Banned Banned

the cheaper to live the better. any other ideas? dont have to be mexico, i can go further down. i can live very cheaply.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  22. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Trust me, dude...you don't want to move to Mexico. Go to Jamaica or something. Fuck Mexico, its a dump.

23. oiram Registered Senior Member

First I would visit Mexico and live in the shack and maybe stay for a month then make up your mind.