How do I register this car?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lixluke, Aug 28, 2008.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I bought a car from some dude named, Bulbul. But the Title is in another owners name, and another lien holder's name. I don't get it.

Bulbul: Name of the guy who sold me the car for $900.00. 8/27/08.
    Ronald R.: Name of Owner on title.
    Scott C.: Name of First Lienholder on title.

On the title front, there is a line that says -
    Lien Released By: Scott C.
    It has Scott's signature and date of 8/31/07. (What does this mean?)

On the back it has -
    SELLER INFORMATION
    Ron R. - Printed name, signature, and date 11/25/07.

PURCHASER INFORMATION
    Name:
    Address:
    Signature:
    Printed name:

Diana L - Filled out first 2 lines for Name and Address (But no signature and printed name.)

ME
    All I did was cross out Diana L Name and Address, and put mine in there.
    Then, I signed and printed my name on the empty fields.

They wouldn't let me do the tregister/title-transfer to my name at the DMV.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I'm not in the know, but this looks like a really shady transaction.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I got the bill of sale from Bulbul. It's signed and dated by both of us yesterday.
    What is First Lienholder?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Not a clue.
    I don't know about registering a car in the UK, never mind the USA.

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The DMV people can tell you what you need to do in your particular State.

If Bulbul stole the car, you're going to be out some serious money. If he's just "jumping title", it will just be a hassle. If there is some other problem with the car, the DMV can tell you about it.

The lienholder is probably a guy who has loaned someone money with the car as collateral, and in this case has released his lien after being paid back the money. From the look of what you've posted, he's not involved any more.

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

He's jumping the title. He lives with his wife and kids in Boca. I have his number. I saw his driver's license name and signature. He filled out and signed the bill of sale.

I don't know why the title has an owner and first lienholder printed in the front. What is the difference. What is the role of the first lienholder? Hit has one guy listed as owner, and another guy listed as first lienholder. VIN check says that the car is not stolen.

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I did it. I had to forge signatures, and make a fake bill of sale. All kinds of crap. The car is finally registered legitimately to me.

11. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

That's not very legitimate.

12. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

It's the leitmotif of his existence.

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Well it was very hard.
    The First Lienholder on the Title signed it off to the Owner on the Title 8/31/07.
    This means that the Owner listed on the title fully owned the car with no liens on it.
    On 11/25/07, the Owner printed and signed his name as the Seller. Somebody filled out their name and address as the Purchaser, but did not sign.

For some reason, a guy named, Bulbul, ended up with the car. Bulbul sold the car to me the other day. All I had to do was correct the information on the title.

1. The Owner name, signature, and date of 11/25/07, was already filled in the back in the Seller section. All I had to do was fill in the price and mileage which I did. I set the price at $400.00.

2. In the Purchaser Section of the title, I had to cross out the name and address that was on there, and put my name and address in there. Then I printed and signed my name stating that the mileage was accurate. Thus Seller information was filled out and Purchaser information was filled out on the title.

3. I created a fake Bill of Sale. I filled out all the information about the car, mileage, and $400.00 selling price. I then forged the Owner's name. Then I signed it myself. All dated 11/25/07. Thus, I had a fully completed Bill of Sale.

I went to DMV #1. They told me they could not register the car because the name and address on the Purchaser section was crossed out, and replaced with my name and address. They gave me a form. I was to send the form to the Owner listed on the Title. He was supposed to fill out the form stating that the information crossed out was legitimate, and I was the legitimate purchaser. Then he was supposed to sign and notarize the form. I could not do this especially considering I had no clue where to find the Owner.

I then went to DMV #2. I originally put a line through the name and address of the Purchaser that was there. This time I completely scribbled out the name and address. I showed this the Title to the person there. She was supposed to give me the same form to do the same thing. However, she gave me the wrong form. This form did not need to be notarized. It was a form stating stuff about the car. There was a checklist. One of the lines on the checklist was "other". I checked the "other", and filled it out stating in the name of the Owner, the name and address that were scribbled were legitimate mistakes. And that the correct Purchaser was me. I then forged the signature of the Owner at the bottom with the date.

I then went to DMV #3, and submitted the title, and the form. They accepted it. They asked me for the bill of sale, and I gave them the fake one that I made. The title/registration went though completely.

The car with title is all in my name. Registration is complete fully in my name as well.