Fastest Degree

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by goutham, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goutham Registered Member

What is the fastest and cheapest undergraduate physics or computer science bachelors degree in the world that is valued ? I dont mind facing tough exams but only worried about the time frame ... Would appreciate feedback. thank you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BobtheEnforcer Registered Member

A bachelors degree is always designed to take 4 years starting from scratch. If you REALLY go well above and beyond the normal student, you could probably finish in 3 years (if the university lets you load up extra classes).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CheskiChips Banned Banned

I'm finishing meteorology degree in three years.

Although I have averaged between 17 and 20 credit hours per semester.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BobtheEnforcer Registered Member

I should mention that bachelors degrees from reputable schools require 4 years, if they advertise as anything else, they are probably a scam/unacredited school.

8. goutham Registered Member

Thank you

Thank you. But is there any proffessional exam that can be approached in a
    single attempt and considered equal to a bachelors ?

9. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

there are specialty schools that allow you to get some kind of a degree faster than 4 years, for a cheaper price but I don't think those are as well respected a 4 year university.

10. desi Valued Senior Member

You basically have to earn a certain amount of credits in different areas to get a bachelors degree from a college.

There are CLEP tests you can take to earn college credits for different classes.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/about.html

I think many colleges accept CLEP credit. You can take a bunch of these tests and go to college to finish off the rest in classes.

If you go to college and load up on classes and take summer school you might be able to get a bachelors degree in 2 1/2 years, probably less if you do CLEP. The thing that might mess you up is if they only offer certain required high level classes every 2 to 3 years.

11. goutham Registered Member

thanks

Thank you . But do you think CLEP test itself is valuable enough even if
    i dont join a college later. And is it possible for me to register from
    India ? I checked their site and noticed that there is no test center in India.
    So the nearest would be probably Malaysia .

12. desi Valued Senior Member

If you don't go to college CLEP will probably be a waste of your time.

You'd have to call or email CLEP and ask them how they would handle a student from India. They would probably have you take the test under the supervision of a teacher in your area who would administer the test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.