No matter how much I want to be against Capital Punishment...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by one_raven, Aug 28, 2008.

1. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

From the article:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orcot Valued Senior Member

Time to castrate the idiot's again?

No really it would solve a lot, I get your point one raven practical now that guy is going to jail for 20+ years. And the kid looses her parents (for the best offcours).
    What is their to say abouth the death penalty, economical perhaps even on other fronts it would be the best to do like the chinese and keep your life longers on a healthy diet until someone needs a new pair of kidneys, hart longs, etc.

Wouldn't you think you could save at least of perhaps 5 people this way if you are lucky. What is your opinion abouth this?

If your affronted I might also add that generally people who do get the death penalties (in america) are people who have no real fortune and can't afford descend lawyers. Is this fair?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

He doesn't deserve to live in prison.
    Prison isn't actually all that horrible, once you accept that you are in there.
    It is just a different life.

Besides, why bother?

My opinion about this is an entirely different issue.
    It will not fill a need that we are currently lacking - the vast majority of people in prison for life wouldn't be suitable donors, anyway.

Of course it's not fair, but again, that's a separate issue.
    The justice system in this country needs an overhaul from the top down.

Anyway, I am not trying to make an argument for capital punishment.
    I have argued against it many times, and I likely would vote against it if a referendum came up in my state.

The fact of the matter is, however, that cases like this make me question my conviction and want to see these bastards dead.

They have nothing to offer in any meaningful way, and we would all be better off without them.
    As a society, our greatest, most dire responsibility is to care for those who can not care for themselves.
    Those who prey on children are a cancer and we neeed to protect and provide for the children at all cost.
    I honestly can't see how anyone could defend child molestors, and I see no valid reason why they should not be put to death.

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

By the way,

Fuck off you condescending bastard.

9. superstring01 Moderator

They should be locked up until their hearts stop beating, and should be forbidden from ever talking to or hearing about their former children. They should be denied all contact with the world and especially any thing that might tell them about the current state of their former children.

~String

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Raven,
    Try and separate your own personal feelings, which are perfectly valid, from the idea that you are giving the federal justice system the power to kill people without even the justification of self-defense. The justice system is also flawed, in spite of individual cases that seem clear-cut.

11. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Indeed - if the case is how it has been portrayed exactly in the newspapers (fairly unlikely, wouldn't trust the editors as far as I could throw them, although I am not claiming to know much about the case at all) then it is deserving of harsh punishment.
    However, there are whole websites devoted to 'the mistakes' (http://www.innocent.org.uk), which would have been written about with as much hatred as this.

Do we take the risk?

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Even if the crime has been established, but the criminal's rights were violated, that should invalidate the prosecution.

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Criminals have no rights; animals have more rights than criminals. Criminals are pieces of shit, and they deserve every fucking ounce of pain we can give them

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

No Governments should not be allowed corporal or capital punishments. If you really want to hurt these people so bad, or if victims have vengence so bad, they should kill the perps themselves. Governments fuck up too many things to give them power to do things like that even if they seem just.

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Yet governments have the power to imprison people for life

Look, the easiest way is just to give the perp to the victim's familiies or relatives

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Does anyone know if the girls have already been molested by 'owners'? (They sure as hell don't act like parents.)

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Poor people in India do this all the time.

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

sell their 5 yr olds for sex?!

19. oiram Registered Senior Member

Wow I though it was only Americans that bought and sold children for sex....

20. John99 Banned Banned

english is his second language. i dont think he was being condescending but that does sum up sciforums.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

it may seem but the death penalty is the best route for murderererers and rapists/. the thing is who want to be the one to do the job?

waht does people think about just having the criminals walk off cliffs? ;erhaps this method can be utilized.

are you a madman?

21. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Thank God I live in England...

22. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

This is one of the worst crimes I've ever heard of:
    This story doesn't include all the horrific details about how they killed the 7 year old boy. They took him with them initially and then decided to kill him too. So they made him drink bleach, but he didn't die. I think they also tryed to choke him to death, and a couple other methods before they finally stabbed him to death. It was blood curdling.

Then the woman gets a very well deserved death sentence and that cocksucker Governor George Ryan commutes the sentence of every person on death roll in Illinois. He did it to divert attention from the many scandals plagueing his administration. The worst part is, I voted the guy. I regret that vote more than any vote I've ever cast.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sure, they have to feed them somehow. Fortunately there are plenty of pedophiles.