Human Evolution

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Azrael, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Azrael Angel of Light Registered Senior Member

http://www.prometheism.net/
    http://www.cosmotheism.net/

These sites have some really interesting ideas. I'm against cloning for reasons I've previously stated in another thread, but I like some of the ideas that these 2 sites offer about directed evolution. When I look around me I see the human race stagnating, nothing really great is going on, most members of our species could care less if we live or die and it seems that the other half is hell bent for leather on destroying our species.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

You have some interesting ideas there. Maybe we can find and amplify the emotive gene. Amplify it into something that allows us to "feel for others". That might go a long way towards solving some of the problems that haunt us today.

I like the mention in the first site that it should be our goal to eliminate from the human gene pool the causes of disease and not treat the symptoms. It is far cheaper to do so and the drug companies will be up in arms over that one...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Azrael Angel of Light Registered Senior Member

I agree with the disease part. It should be a top priority to find and eliminate the genes that cause disease and wipe them out. The emotion stuff Im not to sure about, Im not real big on the touchy feely stuff. I like the way Sparta in ancient Greece operated, of couse I have a tendency to get in touch with my darker side.

Instead of putting our fate in "Gods" hands or some other religion or belief system, or sitting back and doing nothing we should be taking action. I really feel that space is where our destiny lies. We need to step up and take action to get where we want to be, and directed evolution is a part of that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Precisely the point. If you hit someone and then felt the pain from the results, would you want to continue?

8. Azrael Angel of Light Registered Senior Member

I have a very high tolerance for pain, so it would take allot of punches to make me stop.

I agree with some of Darwins ideas, mainly that only the strong should and would survive. Warfare is one way to wead out the weak and help the strong to survive (but also allot of the survival in warfare comes from dumb luck as well). Strong bloodlines with good genetics should be procreated and bred while the weaker bloodlines would be phased out of the gene pool.

9. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

I'm a little weary of this. We don't know what genes we need for the future. (but I'm not completely against gene alteration, mind you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

For instance, I remember in a bio class that I once had, there's this gene that when fully expressed, i.e. GG, the person would most likely get sickle cell anemia. If the person had two recessive traits then obviously the person wouldn't get anemia. However, if the person was a carrier, an expression of Gg, the person would not have anemia but also would have a resistance towards Malaria. For some areas of the world, this was a major way of surviving.

My point is we don't know what the future holds, what genes we need for them. The less variable our genes as a race become, the less adaptability we have. Even if we knew what was beneficial here on Earth, outer space may be a complete different ball game.

-Xenu