Hacker-Tutorial?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Lemontree, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lemontree Registered Member

Hello,

I once found a page on the internet where you could hack yourself into different webpages; with every level it got harder. As far as I remember, the first ones had some kind of tutorial, then later, you were all on your own. You could learn a lot, it was really cool.

Does anyone know this page?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

There use to be a number of "War Games" servers back in the BBS days, the numbers have obviously dropped over the years considering the internet itself on the surface has changed (although what lies below the surface is still pretty much the same protocols, albeit with the occasional rehash of codesets, rules, security updates and overall botchery.)

Now I'm not going to tell you where you can find these sites, that's up to you if you are truly that interested (Just remember they are a very cleverly developed honey pot for identifying who is a threat on the internet) You might still be able to use the Alt.2600.hacker/s/z newsgroups to find someone with a Server IP to one, however with the recent increase of spam across the net, they have more likely left the group for more interesting pursuits (like shutting the spam down)

Of course this sites policy is not to become a Hack or Warez site (Although the pr0n's on the increase) This is why you won't find long threads on the how's and where's for your chosen pursuit and why such threads are usually shutdown, purged or result in abuse hurled at the "skript kiddie".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.