Picking on Old Ladies - No Jihad for You!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Cellar_Door, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Now, before I say anything at all, I'd like to get something clear. I KNOW that every religion receives its fair share of prejudice (and that there are nutters in each one to merit every word) - that's really not the point in question here.

It's just I've found that in recent times Christianity seems to be receiving the brunt of the criticisms which should be directed towards Theists in a more general way.
    For example, when educating people on the misunderstood points of Darwinism, some Atheists seem to be constantly mentioning Jesus and Eden (and frequently mentioning Christianity itself). While of course neglecting to mention at all the more ludicrous passages of The Koran or Talmud.

Yes, it is the Catholic Church who inspire the threads that mention contraception, celibacy and discrimination against women. But no, the woman I saw racing down the track on a hot Beijing night - with only her face and hands visible amongst a layer of cloth - was not Catholic.

The only conclusion that I can reach is that the Christian faith just doesn't complain loudly enough. In England the most regular church-goers are of the older generation and not inclined to blow themselves up for the cause. Burning people as heretics hundreds of years ago is still brought up while a women is stoned for adultery in The Sudan. Plus of course their skin colour puts them at a great disadvantage; they can't pull the race card however much it is needed.

So next time you think of calling your teddy-bear Jesus - think about the wrath and revenge of the parish lunch committee (knitting needles can be nasty).