Girlfriend Troubles

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by 11parcal, Aug 19, 2008.

1. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

I don't know if this is the best forum on the web to be asking something like this but whatever i'm gonna do it anyways.

Here's the deal; one of my best friends revealed that she liked me a week before the summer started and I returned those feelings.

We've known each other for about 4 years.

Anyways, a few days after the summer started she left to live with some family for the summer, something I already knew was going to happen before I began dating her. it's been a month and a half since I saw her last, we talk on MSN almost daily and recently I discovered I cannot seem to bring myself to trust her.

She is my first girlfriend (I'm 15 cut me some slack) she has given me no reason not to trust her and several reasons why I should and I tell myself I trust her but deep down for some reason I can't trust her.

My question is this: WHY CAN'T I TRUST HER!!!!!! please help me out here or call me an idiot or something I don't know what's wrong with me.:shrug:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Ok well you must be leaving something out? There must have been even the smallest thing she did or said or you saw, found out that is making your mistrust her.

If you can't come up with even one little thing, I have no idea.

What do you feel you can't trust her with?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SheWolf Registered Member

Do you have trouble trusting other people in your life?
    Or maybe you're confusing trust with security - do you feel as if she might be unfaithful?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Trust her in what way? If you think she will be a gossip then just don't tell her everything but only those things which you feel comfortable about talking to her about.

8. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

If you have any attractive male friends, see if one of them can bait her (when you're not around). If she goes for the bait, you got your answer.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hopefully you're friend won't tell her what you're doing though.

9. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure, I just keep thinking: "What if she likes someone else" so yes, I suppose I am confusing trust with security.

In any case is there anything I can do to feel more secure?

Short of marrying her. lol

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

RUN AWAY FAST!! Before it is to late!

11. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

I can see this not going over well, she's not your average girl however so I doubt she would fall for this although she might, the main problem here is my obscene lack of friends

all the friends I have she's known for longer then me... as I said she was one of my best friends.

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

You just have to trust that she is with you because she wants to be and really likes you.
    If she didn't she would probably find some other eligble young man. Until she says or does anything to make you question her....simply DON"T. Don't rock the boat for no reason.

You may just have some self esteem , insecurity issues which we have all been through esp at 15.

13. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Haha, do I sense a fear of commitment? or perhaps just someone who is already married

14. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Hey don't scare the young man Cosmic. We don't all bite.

15. SheWolf Registered Member

Pretty much all you can do is make sure she doesn't see this insecurity, and don't let it dictate your relationship. Force yourself to act like you're secure and sure of yourself. Over time, you should develop it. You're only 15. And if she does end up being some sort of liar and cheat, you need to understand that fault lies with her, not you.

16. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Thats almost exactly what all my friends and she herself said, damn, doubt is only temporary but stupid runs deep

17. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

Hmm... I sense it's a little late for that now...

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Can I ask you something, because I am the parent of a 12 yr old (male) . I am not looking forward to this whole girlfriend / sex....thing happening. He apparently had a g/f last yr but it was just an innocent school kinda thing, or meeting at the park.

Anyway you don't have to tell me but are you having sex?

19. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

No, haven't really thought that much about it yet, but keep in mind she was only around for a week after we started dating and i'm also not your typical 15 year old (note my presence on these forums)

20. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Of course I know what I am talking about.

Anyway just try and relax, because if you don't and start acting all suspicious and stuff, you may end up ruining the relationship.

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Wheewwwww good to hear. I hope I have quite a few yrs before I have to deal with that.

22. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but you may still want to worry about that, I personally know quite a few people my age and younger that have had sex...

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah I know...

He is a good kid and I trust him. He knows what I think about starting things with girls too fast. Getting to serious about 1 girl at his age is not a good idea. There is plenty of time for dating in the future.

Right now he is more occupied with BMX biking, Motorcross Dirt Biking, Skateboarding and playing Runescape on the Computer lol

BTW: His "girlfriend" from school was in 8 last yr he was in grade 6