Is this in anyway accurate?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Asguard, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Seeing as how myles has been critising Australian red necks i might as well pass it on

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i was watching a show called switching spouses or something and it had a women from a jewish family and women from the "deep south" switching families and i honestly couldnt belive how STUPID this family was. This women kept asking the jewish family "so you dont belive in jeuses, you dont acept our lord". After around the 5th time im like "just shut up you ignorent moron". Then she starts insulting them futher by being derogitory of there cultural norms like not talking about sex and sexuality and not dancing together and i honestly couldnt belive how stupid and rude this women was. The rest of her family were no better in the way they treated there guest. They took a women who abhores violence and killing hunting for raccons and then turned to her and asked "so how did you like your first coon hunt?". She reacted as you would expect by saying how barbaric and sencless the whole thing was and there comments were things like "how dare she dis our american way".

Now i realise that the whole point of the show is to throw to compleate oposites together but this was seriously just insulting to watch. Is this really how people display tolerance in the US????

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

While I think there are families like that, I feel a lot of the switching families they have a fake. They actually had a pirate family once.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Its television. Believe nothing you see. Its all been modified specifically for conflict.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes, people really are that stupid.

8. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Note the disclaimer on most American programmes aired on Channel Four: "Some of the scenes in the following programme have been created for entertainment purposes."

9. tim840 Registered Senior Member

While there are cerainly idiots in the United States, you cannot make a stereotype based on those couple of idiots... most Americans arenot like that - most Christians are not like that either...