HOT Buffalo Wings

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Michael, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Anyone here like buffalo wings and have a good recipe? I really REALLY miss hot, buffalo wings and I thought maybe I will just make some of my own.

I might have to order in the hot sauce because I'm not sure if Australia has all that many really nice hot sauces.

How about? Anyone from AU every buy a nice HOT sauce?

Any ever make their own hot wings?

Cheers
    Michael

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

michael what kind of hot sauce are you looking for?
    tabasco is mildly hot but is quite sweet (which is why i use it in spag bol)
    wisaby will blow your head off but isnt a chilli based sauce
    some of the mexican hot chilli sauces are quite vinigary
    sambol or whatever its called is REALLY hot but is very asian

so what kind do you want?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Errr!...Nah!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm if I had to make HOT buffalo wings I would take some butter in a pan, melt it [a tbs or two should be fine] on a low flame. Then take it off the flame and add hot pepper sauce, cayenne pepper, paprika, some garlic paste, a pinch of garam masala, some turmeric, some fresh pepper and salt to it. Mix in the wings and marinade for a half hour or so at room temp [you could put the whole mix in a ziploc and shake it around for better distribution]. The butter will help bring out the flavor of the peppers and the paprika and turmeric will give a good color. If you want to be authentic to American tastes, skip the turmeric and garam masala.

Then lay out the wings on a broiler rack and broil them. A few minutes on each side should do it.

Alternately, if you want fried wings, you could do the above marinade, then bread the wings and fry them.

One more way I could think of, is to heat just enough oil, fry the spices and pepper, then add the wings and fry them in the spices.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i want to know when buffilo's grew wings

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats Buffalo, New York.

I went there just to eat wings.

If you want a good dip with it, I shall share my famous yoghurt dip. Take some fresh yogurt, hang it in a muslin cloth over the sink [reserve the whey] for a couple of hours, when it firms, mix in Kraft cheese [I use a small tin of Kraft cheese to a cup of initial - before draining - yoghurt], fresh ground garlic and salt. If you don't mind the clean up afterwards, do it in a food processor, you get a better texture. Season with black salt and pepper. Add fresh chopped celery and a small amount of fresh sweet green onion, both bulbs and stem, and some pine nuts for extra crunch. You can use the reserved whey to thin out the dip to the required consistency. Serve it chilled [best way is to have an ice bowl and put the dip on it]

Or just add some cereal to the whey and munch.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  10. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I went to Rome looking for a Buffalo. Sorely disappointed but the pizzas were great.

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Flying buffalo are close cousins to:

ground buffalo.

The flying buffalo have a LOT of those little, tiny wings.

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

that mince looks awful, there is WAY to much white and it should be dark red not pink. that must have so much fat in it

uke:

13. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

The lipid count in the Buff are low.

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you sure because that mince doesnt look low in fat.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Personally I prefer a 75/25 fat content, since I like a dry kheema and use the fat of the meat to cook it.

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i like my mince as close to 100% actual meat as possable. in reality i buy 99% because thats as high as you can buy

edit to add, if i need more "fat" then i add olive oil

17. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

SAM, I'd eat your wings and not the others. No double entendre intended.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You can taste them just hearing the recipe, hmm?

Yeah, gotta watch the calories, but I still like my twice fried chilli pepper fritters .

19. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Is that $4.29 or $429?

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I like to use the animal fat to cook the meat. One of my favorite dishes is junglee gosht or hunters meat [literally, wild meat], where you take fresh meat with fresh fat on it, add whole red chillies, whole pepper, whole coriander [cilantro] seeds, whole cumin, a stick of cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and sea salt, mix it up and put it on a hot charcoal fire, keep stirring till the meat is just done and the fat is glossy. You can only eat it when its just freshly made [and boy can you ever eat it!]. Too greasy afterwards.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

yea, umm, i would pass on the short term taste in favor of not getting diabities

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its a once in a year dish, you never get meat fat that fresh except at Eid ul Adha or Bakri Eid as we call it.

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

sam, my grandparents own a farm and most people have never tasted anything like fresh lamb. litterally they just took the lamb down to the slaugter yard and they butchered it and gave it back. the meat was SOOO delicious.

the same with seafood, i used to work in a seafood restraunt where we shucked our own oysters and the boss didnt care how many we ate as long as we got the job done. GOD they are nice when they are just opened