America Idolizing The FTL THEORY

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Schizo, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Schizo Schizophrenasaurus Registered Senior Member

The F.T.L. Theory

Faster than light speed travel: A myth or a reality

I, in the future, hope to build an FTL vessel.

How? Electromagnetic Repulsion Technology or E.R.T.

The theory as of now is that as an object approaches the speed of light the mechanics of the atom go into overdrive; causing it to either breakdown or accumulate mass, this would be caused by the interaction of electromagnetic energy with the matter of the object traveling at the speed of light.

The spaceship I am proposing will repel all variations of electromagnetic energy around the vessel; consequently(per design/shape of ship) it will cause it to move forward faster than the speed of light.

The repulsion will cause the thrust.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Schizo Schizophrenasaurus Registered Senior Member

I fail....... = (

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

At least you tried, many never do. Perhaps another try again a little later might work out.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Schizo Schizophrenasaurus Registered Senior Member

Haha! Maybe

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Never stop trying, that way youi can never really fail. Only those who give up trying truely fail.

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Oh, I thought FTL was follow the leader. I was thinking "yep, America does idolize that"

10. Usagi Registered Senior Member

This concept vaguely reminds of ramjet/scramjet technology. Your first problem is getting your vessel to speed where your atomic reaction can then take over.

11. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Assuming someone invents a gimmick that allows us to surpass the theoretical limit, I want to see us accomplish "light years per hour". It would be an exciting time to be alive.

12. Schizo Schizophrenasaurus Registered Senior Member

Here is my blueprint... = )

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Some mathematics to back up your claim and show that you know what you're talking about would be useful.

14. Schizo Schizophrenasaurus Registered Senior Member

work in progress.... = )

15. Schizo Schizophrenasaurus Registered Senior Member

In the tradition of science I have come up with a hypothesis... now I must test it using various methods... and form conclusions.

16. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Schizo,
    FTL != Time Travel

In fact I have a pet theory that if you were to accelerate faster than light, You would cease to the universe and the Universe would cease to exist to you. You see if you were moving so fast, then everything wouldn't exist long enough to cause friction on any FTL craft. This means no way to continue to accelerate and no way to slow down. You'd just be losted to a spacial void, an "Oblivion" which could be classed as a space that is infinite around a universe which in this particular instance would just comprise of you and your craft.

It's pretty much the run up to explaining "Where the Universe formed" and "How it formed" but that's another discussion all together, since after all thats "serious"... well as serious as theory can get anyway.