Scenario

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Schizo, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Schizo Schizophrenasaurus Registered Senior Member

I will present a scenario: Two warring space civilizations in conflict. It is heightening and both sides are losing. Each one has the ability to destroy existence. Each know of the other's ability. Each can see the other with the weapon(they know if the other is about to detonate).

What will be the outcome and the probability of it.

This is about thinking of possibilities not actual answers.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

pity post.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Isn't this what the whole Cold War was. Both sides postured but did nothing

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Cold war..

8. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Each of the opposing Civilizations having achieved its lofty status via the underlying cultural paradigm NEVER BACK DOWN, the sole conclusion the leaders of each one reach as their respective societies begin to crumble under the burden of maintaining the collossal War Effort is that no manner of existence where they do not reign supreme should so much as be allowed to continue.
    With that, they almost simultaneously detonate their Ultimate Doomsday Devices, and Uh - th' the, th' the, th' the - That's All Folks !

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Cold war.....but only if both sides don't possess any holy books or subscribe to any warrior doctrines that glorify suicide

Ramming speed!!!!!

10. Schizo Schizophrenasaurus Registered Senior Member

Yes it is similar to Cold War; the reason; through our possible eons of existence I am sure that history will undoubtedly repeat itself. The setting of space is to symbolize that progression. The scenario is a representation of the complex social systems and of variations of that complexity in conflict. The question asks for imaginative logic; it even made me think about the probability of such a scenario actually taking place. Even though physical laws, perhaps, prevent existence being destroyed; it makes you contemplate the reality of it. It also asks you to truly appreciate the intricacies of social systems and how all of its values factor in to waring bodies. I am sure through a semi-complex system of equations you could predict the likely hood of the scenario(in its literal translation). Meaning would it ever truly get to a point of such extremity. When you factor in the evolution of a civilization and its empathetic structure; its conscious awareness of what life/death is.

Point being did the cold war heat up???

You have to wonder, considering how close we were, was it luck?????????????????

Or a underlying factor.