Sexy and Married?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Orleander, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't take compliments well. They make me self-conscious and embarrassed. Well, my husband goes on and on about how nice I look, how hot I am, blah blah blah. I tell him he just says that cuz we're married and he likes having a sex life. I can find all kinds of flaws with my body and I don't spend as much time with my hair and makeup as I used to. He says he doesn't care. I say 'whatever'.

That was until he showed me this. The looks this guy gives his wife are the same my husband gives me. I bend over to pick up socks and when I stand up I notice he's leering. Can a man really find a frazzled spongebob jammie wearing woman with a ponytail and no make-up sexy? I know he loves me, but how can it possible be sexy? What do men see? Is it just a fantasy? Or have I swallowed some advertisers myth of what is sexy?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what do you see in him orleander?

I dont know what he looks like but do you see hes a little flabby around the middle?
    or balding?
    or whatever flaws he has or do you see the sexy guy you first hooked up with?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

But guys are visual. He washes the dishes and he's sexy to me. He mops the floor and I'd do him right then and there.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Post a picture of you with bad hair in a bikini and I will give you a honest, objective feedback.

Otherwise any aviable woman for most men are sexy...Also, he did marry you, so we must assume he somehow likes you...

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

orleander a study i saw a while ago on sexual fantasies found that the most common fantasy for both sex's was there own partner.

Maybe hes not looking at your pjs but looking at your ass and thinking about how he rode you last night or whatever (sorry that came out a little crude but anyway)

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

"Perfection" is impossible and over-reated.
    I see barbie dolls walking down the street and I don't even find them attractive - nevermind sexy.
    Barbie dolls are far too self-absorbed, vain and insecure for me to find them attractive.

Sexiness comes from who you are, not what you look like.

10. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

People used to say I looked like a Barbie doll. But I don't understand what it is exactly that men find attractive either. I almost never wear make-up and I always wear a hat. I wear jeans and a sweatshirt pretty much everyday (not now cause its too hot) and I still have to listen to catcalls and have men constantly flirting with me. I always thought I looked so frumpy I don't see what's so attractive about it. :shrug:

Maybe I don't look as bad as I think I do... but still.

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Maybe the advertizements are wrong, and how attractive you are has nothing to do with what clothes you wear and how much makeup you have on.
    GASP!

Makeup is gross.
    Women are attractive.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Normal women are sexy, especially when you are conditioned to associate a particular form with pleasure.

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I don't understand.
    Finding normal women sexy is a conditioned response?
    Please elaborate.

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

one raven. There was a study a while ago about what people found "sexy"

In westen culture its what you would expect (ie naked breasts), but in places like africa where the women dont cover there breasts it was other things. In either china or japan (i cant rember which) it was naked ankles because the women there never showed there ankles.

Arousal is a conditioned responce specific to CULTURE as much as it is an indervidual one

15. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Orly, I reckon if I was your hubby, I'd be pretty happy with my lot.
    Best I can tell, you're sexy, smart and funny and you like to make him feel the same. It's a good recipe.
    There's not a day goes by that I don't want to sink my teeth into Spud Empress' arse, and mostly I do.

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I understand that, but it seems that spidergoat was implying that we are conditioned to find normal women sexy, and looking at advertizements, movies and enteratinment these days, I would think it is quite the opposite.

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I agree....What is on TV or in Hollywood or magazines is what is supposed to be sexy, and men just eat it up.
    Just look at the magazine stands next time. There are nothing but these mens magazines ...STUFF, Maxim, etc with 3/4 naked FAKE women on the covers.
    Stick thin women don't usually have DD boobs :bugeye: Not to mention they are airbrushed to boot.

The average or normal woman can't compete with that. I think it is bullshit to say that MOST men are not drooling over that kind of woman. If they weren't they wouldn't be selling so many of those magazines and coming out with more of them. If men love the normal average looking, no makeup type of girl/ woman, why aren't they in their magazines?

I also think that a lot of men say they like "normal" women, because they can't land one of those really hot women. If they could, they might not have the same answer.

18. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Men don't find makeup and dresses and all that shit sexy, that's purely a thing women do to feel sexy and I guess impress other women. No makeup, hair not done, bare foot etc, is all irrelevant. We find things like tits and ass sexy, they're always there no matter how long you spend getting ready. We like pretty faces, but we're looking at the actual structure of the face, not how much shit is caked onto it.
    This is why men are naturally slobs, we don't understand how it could matter if we aren't all scrubbed up and dressed to the nines. We basically look at the quality of the specimen of meat, not what spices it's been marinated in. A woman can be attracted to a guy because he's wearing nice clothes, that's an alien concept to men. The closest we can come to understanding that is being attracted to a woman for not wearing much clothes, if a bit of tit or ass cheek is sticking out that might heighten our interest in that moment, but pajamas are as good as anything else that covers up the tits and ass.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  19. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Yes...except a moderate touch of lipstick.

Otherwise, applying makeup is like painting a tree outside...destroying its natural beauty.

And please, dont clutter yourself with jewelry either.

20. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Most of those images are tweaked with photo editors...to the point where the women look vaguely undead.

21. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Those who try will fail, and those who try are follish to want a man who is looking for a two-dimensional, "perfect", fantasy woman.
    Why would any woman want to attract a man who is looking for this?
    My bet is that they are just as superficial as the men looking to bone magazine covers.
    Woman are just as stupid as men for falling for this shit.

If someone doesn't want me for who I am, I don't want her.
    It's not just a case of me thumbing my nose at these magazine covers.
    It's like your mother said, "Why would you want to be friends with people who don't want to be your friend?" She was right.
    I can't stand superficial, vain, self absorbed, insecure women.
    I like interesting, smart, fun, challenging, strong women.

I can't say what MOST men are interested in, I can only say what I am interested in.
    My wife is nothing at all like the women in Stuff and Maxim - she is the sexiest woman I have ever known.

22. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Sexy = geniune self confidence and honest pride
    Attractive = healthy

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Awww....She is lucky to have you then.

I personally can't stand Vain, Superficial ,Huge Egomaniac men.