Site safety

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Rick, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Valued Senior Member

Hey Guys,

Quick question; i am planning to buy a tennis racket from http://www.tennis-warehouse.com. I just wanna know if someone's got something from the site and is it safe enough to buy ... the site is affiliated with ATP so obviously that backing helps but still; i haven't bought anything online other than from :
    Amazon Inc., Newegg. Buy.com.

Thanks in advance!
    Rick

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

why risk it? get it from Amazon.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orbit A Service to the Blind. Registered Senior Member

go buy it from a store. i can assure you, you really need to hold the racquet before you buy it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rick Valued Senior Member

well actually i already have one: KSix One tour 90, grip size 4-1/4. I need to order a spare. Its the same racquet that Federer uses.

Rick

8. Rick Valued Senior Member

Dragon, i can get it amazon, but the problem is that they have third party sellers who are selling the racquet; is that ok?

I am just a little concerned if the stuff they ship will be the same as from Amazon, i did order my first KSix One tour 90 from Amazon and now they seem to be out, so its only available from third party sellers ...

=(

Any suggestions, advice?

Rick

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Two things.

1. Use a credit card to purchase anything online because if they do rip you off the credit card company will give you back your money and go after the companies that stole it from you.

2. That racket isn't strung the same way Federers is and doesn't use the same material with the strings so remember that.

10. Rick Valued Senior Member

Cosmic, you're right!

I am going to use a a limit capped credit card so that even if theres a draw; no one goes overboard. I infact never use debit card when i am shopping online. But still, what about tennis warehouse, you bought anything from there ever?

So do you know how is his racket strung? (gaah, is it Racquet or racket? ). Meaning what :

1.) Material (make and model)
    2.) Tension (i do 60 which is the max)

Thanks in advance, appreciate your time!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Rick

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I really don't know how he strings his racket or with what material his strings are made from but I do know they aren't strung to tight for when the ball is on the surface of his racket is seems to stay there longer than on others. It also looks like he can put more spin on his ball as well with loose strings.

12. Rick Valued Senior Member

13. Rick Valued Senior Member

i think the longer thing is because of great footwork he has... he is able to position himself and bring his head to absolute stillness to execute the shot. foot work is most vital aspect of his forehands IMHO.

Rick

14. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I've never bought anything from Tennis-warehouse, however looking at the site and affiliated sites, along with the Vbulletin forum (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/) it would suggest a legitimate company on the face. (and a very large board to match)

furthermore from their own board: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=158593

All I can say is pay the normal common sense when making online transations, use SSL anywhere where bank transactions are being done, make sure the SSL certs are legit and use an independent authority rather than a snake oil cert from their own site, if you can use the mainstream "middle men" for security sake (Worldpay,paypal etc)

15. Rick Valued Senior Member

Thanks for your responses guys. I have a colleague whose friend has bought some stuff from them, so it does seem like legit. Anyways, immma order the stuff through a capped limit credit card and see how it goes.

Btw, I did order Exact same racket that Roger has, and I got the exact same stringing that he does (with higher tension because i need higher control).

If you guys wanna know, let me know. I can give out the specs.
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.