Is everyone here?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tangerine, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Tangerine Registered Member

surrounded by people who aren't very intelligent?
    Not to be egotistic but im really just curious.

Like do you feel like you are alone when your around people sometimes and just think what is wrong with these people? Again not always using your ego but juat realizing that you are either completly crazy which is what some people want us to think or if your just really in touch with the world, youreself, and life in general.
    The past few days i have been around nothing but negative people who are chrushing my spirit and my mind without even realizing it. I have had to defend my views.... these people dont have a conversation they attack you basically. They don't share their views, they actually take them as the only reality! They make you feel dumb for everything you do. For actually searching for the truth rather than just blindly going about life. I mean usuaully im ok with that but latley it has been so much worse. I just feel confused, crazy, off my path, everything bad. On my higher self i think this is just be another part of my path.. My lower is trying to tell me im crazy.

Does anyone else ever have these thoughts? I have never been this bad but since im 18 and making choices that will effect my entire life its kinda forcing me into these bad world views and horrible states of consciousness. Im viewed as a typical dumb teenager which is one thing that does truly annoy me. I really don't care to much about what people think but my lower mind just seams to be attacking me.

I mean are people really so dumb they don’t realize it or are 'we' just really smart.. crazy... whatever.
    I know being extremely smart is usually accompanied with signs of many mental disorders. But why are these disorders then? Most of the geniuses, saints, philosophers.. anyone with a different view would be put into mental clinics if they were alive today and i almost feel like thats what might be happening to several people who have the potential but not the resourses to educate themselves above the bullshit.
    I honestly believe if i did not have the internet i would not be where i am. There are literally no other means of information for people other than TV which makes their world! shapes their minds and basically tells then any thought you have is crazy so shut yourself of from the real you and accept this as the normal and only way. No matter how much potential you have... as an individual that is, they shut you off and make you literally join the machine. If you don't you are bound a life of poverty (which would be ok with me if i could break away from all this and get my mind back). To stay true to yourself seams like the most important thing in life and yet anytime i speak of this people just don't listen.. except for a few friends. I mean is it seriously like this everywhere? where people willingly give up themselves for money and a better job? Would anyone here do that?

When you guys read this does it seam like i would be the type of person that would 'fit in with you'.. I don't want to go to college because it just seams pointless to me. Like i would learn nothing and just be pounded with useless information for 2-4 years and yet im being told constantly that i have to go just for credibility and shit. I don't want to waste 4 years of my life doing something i don't want... i guess thats crazy or dumb talk in this society. i know my parents think of me as a hippy or something of that nature. I mean i guess if you labeled me i would somewhat fit into that label but its not even about that at all. labels just honestly annoy me an im just myself. that is all i am. Its seams like when you think that or try to express it people just stamp another label on you. Its like a never ending web of labels, bullshit, lies, fakeness that you are trapped in. I mean i see where the come from but why don't people just move beyond that. Seriously its pointless ya know?
    Im not speaking about everyone but i have met only one person who shares some of my views. At least in my town. Going to certain bookstores and places like that where i can see what is true to me is ringing true for other people to is refreshing. Its like im a constantly giving energy and trying to keep my mind under control. Im normally ok with that but sometimes it would be nice to get some help with my mind.
    I was thinking about it and everyone in my town is asleep. Again this is crazy talk in our society and yet some of the most intelligent people in our history speak of this. I look around and people are just locked in the one created reality. Again, not to be egotistical but it is obvious. Everyone seams so lifeless and just dead. I think what is normal to me is unheard of by most the people in my town. I know something spiritual is going on in the world but i see no signs of it here rather than one friend. Are we evolving? I feel like i should help these people put but right now i can't even help myself out of this shitty state. If i try to help i think i would again be looked upon as crazy but I am going to go as far as i am 99% sure it is true. Then again from a lower view its seen as evil to think like us by some of the religious people (the church going type)( I have no problem with what religion is really meant to be but im talking about blind followers who accept from birth and live their whole lives in that reality.. and really i don't have a problem with them either), dumb by the older or the (I hate having to stamp a label) conservative types. Even most people my age are completely lost. I guess all big changes in time were accompanied with this though. All people that have ideas that are obvious now were once looked as as evil or crazy. I just don't want to get stuck in the old ways of life when something beautiful is going on....

What do you think?
    sorry if that is hard to read or anything i just started typing and just thought as i typed haha.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

nope, I don't feel that way

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

I think you would be happier with more line breaks in your life.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I have been in your position, and it bothered me for a second. Then I learnt to put it behind me and deal with the fact that in the end, none of us really knows anything.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I've always liked this :

Desiderata

written by Max Ehrmann in the 1920s --
    Not "Found in Old St. Paul's Church"! -- see below

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and the ignorant;
    they too have their story.
    Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
    they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
    you may become vain or bitter,
    for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
    Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
    Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
    it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
    for the world is full of trickery.
    But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
    many persons strive for high ideals,
    and everywhere life is full of heroism.
    Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
    Neither be cynical about love,
    for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
    it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
    gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
    Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
    But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
    Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
    be gentle with yourself.
    You are a child of the universe
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be.
    And whatever your labors and aspirations,
    in the noisy confusion of life,
    keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
    it is still a beautiful world.
    Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

9. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I think of my friends as imbeciles and fools. So what?:shrug:

Yes, I do find myself constantly surrounded by idiots. Ah, well, that is one part you can enjoy; I feel sometimes like an observer of reality, laughing at the stupidity of Man.