You Look Just Like Them

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by CutsieMarie89, Jul 30, 2008.

1. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Does anyone else here look almost like a copy of someone else in your family? I do. In someways I like it, but lately its been annoying me to no end. I look like my mother and sound just like her. And now I even catch myself with the same mannerisms and even euphemisms. And people can't tell us apart, its driving me crazy...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Raven Registered Senior Member

My great grandfather was investigated by the US Government and nearly shipped off to a concentration camp in Florida for the terrible crime of looking like Adolf Hitler during WW2. She says I remind her of him a lot and I've been told that when I get angry I look like a female Adolf Hitler.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I looked exactly the same as my dad when me and him were about 12.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Yes, I do resemble a long decesased relative from about the early 2000's. I never found out much about him though.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I've been told that my daughter looks like a clone of me. Pics of us at the same ages are almost indistinguishable.
    I've walked into her day care and passed other parents who do a double take. They say "Oh, I know who your daughter is"
    But I don't look a whole lot like anyone.

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

My youngest son is a spitting image of me. When are out ppl always comment on
    how much we look alike, right down to the smirk....

10. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I guess that's one way of keeping the boys at bay.

11. draqon Banned Banned

female adolph hitler...yikes...I gottta to see that

nothing like this, right?

12. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

In pictures even I have a hard time telling my mom and myself apart in them. Her skin is a little lighter than mine, but the lighting has to be just right in order for me to distinguish the difference.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

wow...wow....I'm stunned.
    There is no way in hell I would have the same hair cut or wear the same clothes as my mom. Wow! <shudder> Just the thought of it....

14. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

We seem to have the same taste in most things. I always wear hats and so does she. So even though her hair is a lot longer than mine you can't tell. My mom and I share clothes a lot. Especially for formal events. I tried changing my style, but I couldn't deviate far enough from the type of clothes that she wears. I mean it isn't exactly an insult that people say I look like my mom, but I would like to be easily recognizable in pictures.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

please tell me she's young. My Mom is in her 60's and its stereotypical Mom wear for her.

16. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I look like my dead grandfather who was a teacher, people randomly hug me in bangladesh...

I got used to it and stayed inside after that.

17. Raven Registered Senior Member

It only keeps the weak ones at bay and they're not worth bothering with anyway. I'm kind of intimidating. I usually don't mean to be it just sort of happens and I only look like Hitler when I'm angry, which doesn't happen often.

18. Raven Registered Senior Member

No, not quite. I think that girl looks more like Charlie Chaplin than Adolf Hitler. You don't want to see me look like him. I've been told it's rather scary.