Full disk encryption

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by s0meguy, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

My father wants to put his passwords on his laptop and do financial stuff, and other sensitive stuff so I recommended him to use full disk encryption to protect everything. But there is a problem, I don't trust microsoft, their EFS, I think they created backdoors for governments. However this is irrelevant, you can't argue me out of my distrust for everything that is bent on making as much profit as possible, and that includes those jackasses sitting in whatever government of the country that you live in.

That said, I am looking for a different, reliable full disk encryption that works with windows vista. My father doesn't want linux. However I really prefer open source software, because then people will have checked the source code for backdoors. So do any of you happen to know any software that fits my requirements, or comes close and is still reliable. I have already searched but I couldn't find anything that I like.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ArcTerjus Registered Member

Look into Truecrypt it's free, open source and can encrypt the system disk as well. Don't ask me how you do it tho, I'm sure there are guides

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.