Google video rocks!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Syzygys, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I recently rediscovered Google video. I stopped using it after they bought Youtube and all the searches brought up Youtube videos.

But Google video actually is better:

1. No 10 minutes timelimit.
    2. Better quality.
    3. Full movies, documentaries aviable.
    4. Hell Youtube sucks...even if I use it...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

Youtube has no 10 minute time limit. That's only on basic accounts, just change to the 'producer' account and you're set. It's still free and everything.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'm sure Google video was destined to be phased out since they decided it was no financially viable to run two services which were pretty much the same service. This is how megaconglomozaibatsu's streamline their finances.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I still can't believe just how bad the average quality on Youtube. There are at least 3-5 similar websites with much better quality...

Youtube also tends to remove copyrighted material, Google Video has full concerts...

8. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

The quality of the video and audio is due to the way each person encodes their stuff before they upload it. Since Youtube is so large many of the posters suck at making a video, or even just making music with a pictures slideshow. The posters screw up the quality, not Youtube.

I encode my audio and video at 2.1 Megs a second on my uploads. CD audio is around 750 to 890K a second. My videos are music stuff, but I have better audio on them than a direct, bit for bit, lossless CD rip on my videos, or even the CD being played through the same speakers as I upscale the quality.

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Only partially. The same video on google is much better looking than on Youtube....Also, the other video uploading websites have the same people uploading and the quality is again, much better...

10. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

My only problem with ggogle video is that some vids are so dunn slow, almost unwatchable, and I got cable!! stage6 from divx was the best video site on the web, I'm pissed it's gone.Divx should be the standard in web video

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Guba aint so bad either, but also, slow. So it's dailymotion or veoh for now, till I get bored of what they have. Any links??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.