Dorks and Cash

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by thecollage, Jul 24, 2008.

1. thecollage Registered Senior Member

Look at some of those considered dorks from back in school. Now see what they are doing with themselves. A great majority have succeeded. Now take some popular guys and see what they are doing with their lives. A great majority are divorced and have little to show in the way of accomplishments.

Its like the balance of life gives you the opportunity to have things early on or later in life.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

yup nerds rule the world.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The best accomplishment is staying alive and well, everything else is just the topping on the cake.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I am not sure where/in what industry you work, but I generally work with private equity firms and my clients are as likely erstwhile popular kids as they are an erstwhile nerds. Ex-Jocks, in particular, tend to be very personable and aggressive risk takers, which is a great combination for making a lot of money. It's also a great combination for losing a lot of money, so I am sure many do wind up hitting the skids.

In my experience, both interpersonal skills and intellect remain important throughout life. If the goal is "cash," then I'd say they are about equally important, and both second to the willingness to gamble big. (If the goal is "cash" then all of those are secondary to "being born rich!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  8. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Nerds own you right in the face. You lose.

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My daughter has a crush on 2 boys in her grade. One is incredibly cute, popular and from a wealthy family. He has Homecoming King written all over him. The other is smart and funny. I'm pushing her in his direction. Always go with the guy with brains. He's the one who gets a college education.