Female Brain/Male Brain

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by toltec, Jul 24, 2008.

1. toltec Registered Senior Member

Just came back from the supermarket with the gf. We did the shopping but forgot something, so she sent me on ahead to queue at the checkout while she went back and got it.

A few minutes later I'm in line and she arrives and complains, why did you join this queue, it's the slowest.

Surely enough as all other lines speeded by we moved at snails pace.

She then gives me a lecture on how she chooses a queue. She looks for a person on checkout she knows to be fast or has been at the store a long time. No slow newbees. She checks the trollies of the people queueing, few large items can look more but be quicker than lots of small items. Produce has to be weighed and is slow, clothes are the slowest needing bagging and tags removed. Lots of the same item can all be checked just once. When all these calculations have been done, she can then weigh up the sum of all trollies in each line in her mind and calculate the fastest queue.

She then turned to me and asked why on earth I picked this queue?

It had the prettiest checkout girl, I replied.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Are you still with the same girl that you went shopping with after that stupid comment?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

You really are stupid aren't you.....:bugeye:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

what does this have to do with neurological differences between male and female

8. toltec Registered Senior Member

Value the opinion of an expert on stupidity

9. toltec Registered Senior Member

I think the logical scientific female brain works in a completely different way to the emotional male brain.

10. Vkothii Banned Banned

I think there is new research about differences (sexual dimorphism) in the human brain.

Females, apparently are better at mapping things by remembering key locations (hence the recall of "faster queues", also "people" that got tagged as "slow"). Males tend to map things serially, one at a time, so when a male is lost, he reads a map, when a female is, she looks for landmarks, then orients herself relative to such imponderable notions (for a male) as "the dairy", "the supermarket", "the cafe on the corner", etc.

A man orients himself with a set of directions to look in, and of course both identify landmarks. Women do it better, or remember spatial locations, or reference points better than men, which might explain why women don't like to use maps.

P.S. So the condensed version of the dimorphism is that it gives females a better ability to fix locations or "where something is", whereas males locate by figuring "which way something is"; men look for a route, women don't, which is why a woman will tell a man: "it's over that way", not: "you need to go that way, then turn at the other intersection", as a man thinks.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  11. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

One of the greatest posts I have read.

12. Reiku Banned Banned

Yes... also one of the most unscientific lol

toltec...

Shopping is a strain on most people. It's a large place, very stressful, noisey, and uncomfortable, so for certain individuals, they have actually mastered the art of making it less stressful and uncomfortable.

THOUGH, with that said, i have to admit, your answer of, the girl was better looking, was downright asking for your girlfriend to slap you one. It really was.

Did she?

13. toltec Registered Senior Member

I think she appreciated the incite to how males in supermarkets function. It had probably been a mystery to her. Now when she goes to the shops and sees a checkout with a line twice as long as any other, a pretty girl serving and all sad single men in queue she'll understand.

14. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I personally evaluate the situation as well.
    Sometimes I have to base my choice on the girl at the checkout, but that is not because of how pretty she is.