Imeem

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by darksidZz, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Can you guys tell me if this things safe? I mean I had some rare songs I wanted to upload there but I read you can only upload the music you own rights too. However on other sites they say IMEEM has worked out deals with the major record labels to allow users to upload and share music for free? They even have a fingerprint audio thing called snocap they licensed for that end.

So wtf? Can you upload songs or is it just BS! I see hundreds of songs that are copyrighted so what gives??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

imeem is a social media service where users interact with each other by watching, posting, and sharing content of all media types, including blogs, photos, audio, and video. The company was founded by Dalton Caldwell (ex-VA Linux) and Jan Jannink (formerly of Napster) and many of the core engineers came from the original Napster file sharing service[1]. Launched in October 2004,[2] the service has both a social network structure as well as a content browsing/filtering structure similar to that of Flickr and YouTube. It works on an advertising based business model, and is therefore free to use.

Read much more....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imeem

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.