Seeing with my eyes closed?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Norsefire, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

So yesterday I was meditating, and I decided to try something new. All you need is a simple bed sheet or thin towel. Put it on your head like, to use some allusion, Darth Sidious's head robe. I use this to make it easier to know what I mean.

After I got into a meditative state, which took about twenty whole minutes, and my mind was clear and focused, I grabbed the ends of the robe and, with my eyes entirely shut, swayed them slowly back and forth. After several minutes of this, I began to see it as a dark shadow, and also my hands and NEARBY surroundings. I could also "sense" where everything was and without realizing, I was walking around. I had a good scare when I realized what the hell I was doing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I suggest you guys try it, but make sure you get into a meditative state. You can't just close your eyes. It isn't memory, I could actually sense the stuff

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Myles Registered Senior Member

Bollocks !

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, it's true.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

It's probably just the silhouettes of objects on you eyelids that you have become more aware of.

8. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

No, its possible. It sounds similar to "blind sight". People who are blind are able to see (or sense) objects near them and under study have been able to navigate through a room of tables I not bump into a single one. But if you turn the lights off they run in to stuff. There is some faulty guesses as to how this is possible, but the real answer is science doesn't know. But it does exist, not all people can do it though.

9. draqon Banned Banned

its called overactive imagination.

10. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Blind people can't imagine a room they've never seen before. I don't know about seeing when your eyes are closed and blindfolded, but can't you sense when you're standing near something or someone even though you can't see it? I do.

11. draqon Banned Banned

maybe its electromagnetic sensing ability of the brain in blind people.

12. Reiku Banned Banned

Look... reality opens it's eyes when you are read to open your own.

13. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

With blind people some scientists think its the fact that the occipital lobe of their brain which translates the visual input from the eyes is still active. Even though the eyes no longer work well enough for one to "see" they may still send out visual data that the brain responds to. Even tough the blind person cannot explain how they saw it they just did. It was a pretty good explanation until they found out people with occipital damage could have blind sight as well. So back to square 1.