Elton John dies in rocket ship

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Plazma Inferno!, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Well, not exactly. This is the title of the spam message I found in my inbox this morning.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Content of message was something like:

Intel cashes in on health device in latest technological breakthrough

and then virus link.

I've noticed that spammers recently use following techniques: interesting catchy titles, like the title of this thread or another I've heard of: Clinton shot in public (??!), or using just Re: in title to deceive less informed recipients, humorous titles like: Upgrade your banana, Grow a big new horn or those that play on card of solitude and eternal craving for copulation like re: pink, wet and 18 or ... My husband is gone... with the content like:

"Hey,

My husband just left .... I want to hook up... I'm natural busty redhead..."

Also, I've noticed dyslexic spam like: Vaigra, Cilais, Enhacnement Pills, etc. probably created to avoid email filters.

However, what's the funniest email spam you received?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

A while back I opened a free yahoo account and tried to put the address everywhere on the internet to see how much spam I could get, and how long it would take.

I've recently gotten several that said things like "feudalizes coolness" in the subject line. The body had a link, and nonsensical text that looks like valid english, but isn't.

I also got a spam email about a year ago that puzzled me quite a bit. It had an mp3 attachment. I got onto one of my linux boxes that I don't care about, and downloaded the mp3, with the expectation that there was a virus embedded in it. However, this wasn't the case. As far as I could tell it was a normal mp3 of an Asian woman singing a really weird song (I think it was Vietnamese, but I'm not sure).

I had been getting a lot of spam from that same sender, and I noticed that it had an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom. I figured that was just a trick to confirm the email address, so I had to try it (this being my spam-catching account), but it turns out it actually worked. It's weird that I got signed up, against my will, to a Vietnamese newsletter that seems completely legit.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

its an automatic generated text...just shows its a software that randomly chooses words

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

(John Elton dies in rocket ship while performing live on national television)

The "Zero-Grav Tour"

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Title of spam message:
    Re: Mongle Tight Wino

message contained said:
    talismanic ! collector polymerase may lopseed

9. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Haha. Precious.

10. river-wind Valued Senior Member

11. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Subject: Farmers show how to grow weed
    Reid Ashe III killed in skydiving accident

(Cryptic hey

)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.