I'll do my best not to ever marry in my life

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Avatar, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Really, I think that there are only disadvantages of being married.
    my solution is only to live together.
    the disadvantages are->

1- if you later want to go seperate paths, there is no lawsuit or anything of that kind.
    2- you can decide to leave her and she won't be able to do anything against you.
    3- romance is not lost, but if/when it is then there is no marriage which artificially holds your relationship together
    4- you are being controlled, monitored (no bachelor parties or going to the striptease clubs)
    5- your funds are being considerately drained over time.
    6- ..... please add more

particullary marriage decreases your freedom and I value freedom over all.

this is my oppinion, say what you think in this case
    /Avatar/

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Depends entirely who you are. I want to get married one day. I would probably like to end up having kids.

1. Granted.
    2. Legally. Of course, if you're a civil human being I don't think this will be much of a problem.
    3. Certain people will largely disagree. Marriage is a symbol of the love. A constant represntation of the love.
    4. Hahaha! This is funny! You think if you stay with a girl for years and years she'll be any more comfortable letting you go to stripclubs than if you had married her? Haha.
    5. When married? How so any more than when with a girl for a long time?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xev Registered Senior Member

I agree with Avatar, and think we ought to start some sort of "if I ever attempt to marry, shoot me and put me out of my misery, mmkay old pal?" pact.

Or as Freddy puts it:

What I don't understand is why anyone would get married at all. Cohabitation, folks!

P.S: Avatar, I am serious about the pact.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I think that marriage is archaic , an old and archaic tradition.

Tyler,
    "2. Legally. Of course, if you're a civil human being I don't think this will be much of a problem." I'm not a civil person

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. sometimes it is better to just leave.

Marriage is a symbol of the love. A constant represntation of the love
    this is BS. you can lovewithout being married. marrage is a tradition.
    NO, maybe we could go there together, or if she doesn't like the way I am, then she is free to leave, nothing keeps her. A true freedom of choice. In my case I do not go as much to the striptease clubs as sit by my pc and I know tht almost all girlfriends I've had hate this, I'm so unhapy

I've yet to meet a beautiful nerd girl which loves hiking and computers.

5. When married? How so any more than when with a girl for a long time? wives think tht it is the mans duty to supply them. girlfriends don't demmand anything. I'll screw a girl who says smth like: now NO more pc upgrades for you till I get myslef a new coat.

Xev, write me down on your list. You should make a seperate thread on this if more are willing to join

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler:
    Control more. Shall I slip on my feminist hat and pontificate on the history of marriage, or will you stipulate that it is a mere economic transaction?

Love? What is love without letting the beloved be free?

Poor Avatar. You will find her one day, I think!

A coat over a computer? What sort of bizzare person would wish such a thing?

As for the list, mmkay.

9. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Even though I shouldn't, I always find myself thinking when I see a girl I'm interested in or see a girl peaking over the top of a computer monitor in the computer lab to look at me (happened today

) "will I marry her?"

I want to because of the symbolism and the love and the bond, the challenge of living with the person you love and arguing with them, laughing and smiling with her, going places together, doing things with her--together. Always together. Never alone. Knowing that if you keep her happy that she will stay with you, that she not only likes but loves you and is attracted to you. This is what marriage represents, it's only a word, a legal aggreement, whatever, that shows how much you love another, and how much they love you.

I'm not a lonely guy by far, but having someone to support you and care for you who is not only gorgeous in your opinion but also just always there. That's the kicker for me, finding a treasure that would greatly enlighten my life, change me as a person, alter the very way that my mind functions.

This is all saying that it works out okay, which hopefully it would. Of course, it might not work out for various reasons, and that fact right there is a logical argument to say that you, avatar, and you, xev, don't want to get married. But in the words of Shakespeare

"It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." I'd rather take the risk that I was going to get hurt and be miserable while at the same time have the time of my life instead of just being lonely--forever. Tis a sad and frankly, unbearable thought, for me anyway.

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I'd also like to add that there is definitely someone out there for everyone, that if you want to get married and are a good person, a likeable one, then he or she is out there, right now, going through grade school for some, working on her/his midterms for others--Waiting to be met. By you. Out there, right now, living their life, waiting to meet YOU. When they do, you will hit it off, and eventually get married and maybe spend the rest of your life together.

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

but why do you need to marry to love. You can love without those legal and imprisioning issues. marriage is just another thing tht reduces your freedom and happiness (of course if you're not a mazochist [sp])
    tht's highly optimistic , but I won't deny this

I wouldn't like to give up all hope

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

It is, for me right now I have a long time to go before I marry, six to eight years by a liberal guess. It's fun to think about though. The girl/boy of your dreams is eventually going to meet you, but for now she is living her life, doing things. In the world, croicky I just think it's a bih amazing.

And like I said the imprisonment thing is a viable argument, but it might help solidify the relationship, keep the pair together when they fight or they have money trouble, that sort of thing. You'd know that she couldn't leave you or do something stupid unless she wanted to go through a lengthy divorce.

If I don't marry by the time I'm sixty I'll start courting centerfolds and the etcetera, because I plan to be filthy rich by then

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

Polly:
    Oh my god, I thought I was cynical!

People leave. They come and go, even in marriage. This is not somthing to be denied, fought against or even grudgingly accepted. This is somthing to be celebrated.

One person, Polly? Ah, how little you know. There are many, many persons who could be that "one".

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

artificially saved marriage won't be the same again.trust me, it is better to go seperate paths and find a new girlfried than to by all means stick to the unhealthy relationship.
    that is very egoistical. When I talked about freedom I also meant tht the other side can always do a free choice also. Blackmailing in a relationship is highly unsuggested.

15. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Marriage is key in having children. For tax reasons (in Canada) alone even. I fail to see what is illogical in the survival of the species.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I doubt tht you had any tax refunds in the stone age or even in the 16th or 18th century of being married.
    and for the survival thing. if you are afraid of that, you must not marry to a single woman but make children to every woman you can get in your bed in that case. And we are more thn 6 billion right now and have a messy overpopulation problem if you haven' t noticed.

17. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Please guys, take it from someone who has "been there, dont that"
    IT SUCKS!!!! It really really sucks. Im sure some marriages are nice, but some non-marital relationships are nice to. I would never consider getting married again. Ever. When you want to leave (which one day you will) you wont have to go to friggin court and fight over property and crap like that.

Take care

18. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"and for the survival thing. if you are afraid of that, you must not marry to a single woman but make children to every woman you can get in your bed in that case. And we are more thn 6 billion right now and have a messy overpopulation problem if you haven' t noticed."

Best of luck to you. I know I know tons of women who are just aching to raise a child without a father around.

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I think tht I already said-> OVERPOPULATION. about what survival are you talking about?

20. Tyler Registered Senior Member

If no one got married the chances of reproduction would be greatly reduced. Marriage is logical. It is necessary for the species to survive. Eliminate all marriage and the species would rot away very quickly.

21. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler makes a good point. The stability of a good marriage might be beneficial for any children a couple has.

But survival?

1: People will fuck no matter what happens. And as long as people fuck, children will be born. The species is safe.

2: I don't think the decision not to marry on the part of a few people will doom our species. There are six billion people. I won't reproduce anyway. So that leaves Avatar....

One out of over six billion. Not a drop in the bucket.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2002
  22. ZenithEra Registered Member

WHAT!? I'm sorry, I disagree, no one NEEDS to be married. end.

I love, she loves, we love.
    .a

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

you can get a kid and live with him on your own. and don't expect me to considerate this till I see a graduate decrease in pur planets population. As far as I can see it has kept an enormous geometrical progression over the past 200 years and marriage is older thn 200 years. Ok so you say marriage is crucial for our species survival (I still don't agree with tht) then I say, every man 4 wives (just like the muslins), think of it. You won't get bored, many children, 4 lovehearts awaiting you home after a night gig with your friends