UAE - Hotbead of Activity

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by superstring01, Jul 12, 2008.

1. superstring01 Moderator

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

I hope UAE does not go into space industry...we dont need Space Arab Emirates

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

they also got that indoor ski resort...and outside is Sahara desert....crazy...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

and than they got Burj Durj Dubai skyscrapers...the mega-gega-gega-mega....tallest building in the world...

8. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

9. superstring01 Moderator

Ahhh yes. The world.

You know, I have enormous respect for the powers-that-be in the UAE. I know they do a lot for show, but as rulers go, they are fairly transparent, extremely fair, and very open. Not to mention their passionate quest to move their society forward and away from petroleum dependency. Good for them.

~String

10. draqon Banned Banned

yeah sure...really transparent...Al Quida has nothing to do with UAE whatsoever.

11. superstring01 Moderator

With the government, no. A lot of money did get funneled through there. Then again, a lot of money for AQ went through a lot of places (even Germany and the USA, for that matter). The fact is, the government of the UAE is trying to be cooperative, progressive and wise in its openness and investments. The result is obvious: a society that is growing and is prospering. They'll be the first Arab nation to get nuclear power too as a result of this transparency.

You should try actually getting to know a few facts, Draq before attempting to discuss an issue.

~String

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Dubai does look incredible, but there is still alot of work to be done. As hi-tech as it is, most of the people don't live well because most of them are immigrant workers from the Asian countries. After it's done we need to get rid of them, like, I mean deport them.

Also there is no road organization. I've never been there myself, but family members have and they told me the roads are manic.

But yes, Dubai does look damn nice considering it was a small desert town mere decades ago.

13. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

That is probably the most amazing thing about the country. They're literally building themselves a paradise out of the blasted, benighted wasteland of a desert. And they're doing it in style. "What? You want islands? How about some that are shaped like palm fronds, carved out of King Neptune's raging main by our own (migrant workers) hands? Oh yeah, say my name..."

Between the burgeoning tourism industry and Jebel Ali, which handles a positively obscene amount of commercial shipping traffic, they are building themselves a plump cushion to rest on when their oil runs out. The average salary there for a dude in his mid-20s is upwards of $150k. The emirs know what the fuck is up.