Urban Myths

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Cellar_Door, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

There's this urban myth that used to float around the area where I live. I heard it countless times from different people and each time the witness had been a friend of a friend, a relative of an acquaintance or had some such other tenuous link to the storyteller. In fact, it had all the marks of an Urban Myth.

The story itself is irrelevant, but here it is briefly nonetheless:

Yeah so basically the girls were propping the body up between them on the train. Hmmm.

Anyway, what I really wanted to know was...

What are your opinions on such stories? Do you think they are ever grounded in fact?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Some of them are.

There was one where I used to live about a boy who tried to impress his girlfriend by beating his brother to death with a hammer and burying his body in a field.
    This actually turned out to be true as the body was accidentally uncovered and attributed to the boy in the story.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Every town or city has its Urban Legends. Where I live there are so many, I can't even count. A main one that is based some what in fact is about this road called Paradise Lake Road (a really dark, windy, curvy road)...supposedly it is "cursed" because of the graveyard attached to it (a really, really old graveyard in the woods that supposedly leads you to hell). Anyway, the road has had so many people (mostly teens) die on it that I won't even use the road unless I absoloutely have to and at night...f*ing forget it. Most people I know avoid the road. Now, whether it's cursed and all that, hmmmm...but it is a windy curvy road with huge blind spots...I can see why so many people have died on it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

You might want to bookmark 'snopes'