Vista Sucks lmao

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by darksidZz, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

its just a pretty piled up images and videos which have not much to do with windows, a comedy to say the least...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Foxus Guest

Agreed. My company made sure that all of our new computers had XP Pro on it.

8. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I used to be pretty down on Vista. Then I tried it. It works fine.

10. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

That has nothing to do with Vista sucking and everything to do with simplifying IT work. XP is stable, familiar, and everyone knows how to use it. Why mess with something that works? I run Vista myself at home, but at work where we could get Vista licenses for extremely cheap since we're a nonprofit ($10 a license) I wouldn't ever install Vista on a machine other than my own.

11. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

I wonder why the hell people 'upgrade' from XP to Vista.

12. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

My best friend develops software for a major financial company. They are skipping Vista, and will continue to code for XP, until the new windows comes out.

13. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

I like the document directory structure better, I'm a sucker for Aero, Vista 64bit allows me to use more than 3.x gigs of memory and has better driver support than XP64, the sidebar's handy for me. I know some of the stuff I listed can be done manually in XP, but why bother when it's all built into Vista? The only reasons why someone shouldn't upgrade are 1. cost and 2. hardware. If neither are a problem, then why not?

14. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

3. out of principle. Microsoft pulled a lot of shit with Vista that makes me not want to give them money for it. It's a good old fashioned boycott.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ditto. In fact, I'd definitely say it's better then XP.

16. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Touche, pulling out 6 different versions of the damn thing at launch time was one of the stupidest things they could've done. Still, I've already sold my soul to the evil empire so I had no problems making the purchase.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Just wondering, what is some of the 'shit' that your talking about?

18. draqon Banned Banned

graphics for example

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Good point. I would only install fresh on a computer built in 2008+

For myself, I know Vista64 is superior than xp32(xp64 is a dead end). It uses 4GIG of ram I have an I have noticed it seems to utilize quad core more efficiently.

For an older computer(in general 2006 or older) I would for sure stick with XP. Never do an "upgrade" that is for suckers.

For myself, If windows 7 comes out next year. I'm boycotting it, in fact I'm probably going to change careers out of I.T. THAT would be utter bullshit for more reasons than just a desktop OS.

20. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

The 5 different versions. The "Vista Capable" fiasco that duped a lot of people into believing their brand new Dell computer could run Vista in all its glory. The UAC system, most useless security tool ever. The DRM built into the Windows core itself. The bloat that comes with it that I can't choose to skip during install. The system resources this bloat uses up. The whole "trusted computing" initiative. Keeping DX10 a Vista exclusive.

I can only hope Windows 7 will be a modular OS, so I can decide what I want to install.

21. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Common guys you know how it is, those that usually complain about Vista are only doing so because they haven't managed to download a Stable Pirate (Illegal) version of the OS yet.

22. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I recently got some crazy kind of virus on my computer and had to go back and do low level formatting. Since then, I've used Vista and I have no problems with it.

23. draqon Banned Banned

what da?!!! you download pirated software?!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

shame on you! shame! shame! shame! shame on you Stryder!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.