Do you play chess?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tnerb, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

If you do, the best site on the internet to play chess for free is

www.freechess.org

I have posted this before but I feel that it needs a reminder. It befoofs me to see that no one at www.sciforums.com at all plays chess, and if they do they refuse to join me at www.freechess.org. It's simple. Go to the site, click on "download a graphical interface", followed by downloading one of the greatest of them (babaschess, theif, winboard, inemisis, ... CClient is OK.). Preferably babaschess to start but the point is that it's a free interface based site, similar to ICC (The largest chess place to join, although it costs big $ at 50$ usd a year).

So new members, if you like chess you couldn't possibly fathom a greater free chess site on the whole internet-- seriously. I should say "the best chess site on the internet", which, it pretty much is. In the very least, it is a must see for A-N-Y-O-N-E who is interested in chess.... ..

I would suppose posting this would bring that to your attention so pardon me if I upset you.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I play but with real humans at my home not online for many times they can cheat online very easily.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rick Valued Senior Member

Man i suck at chess ... i just know how to attack the center of the board ...

Rick

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ditto. It's not the same on a computer. I need to see and feel the pieces.

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

Give it a try! There is no cheating, it is VERY rare... sorry, I feel like I'm advertising :-/

9. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I used to play the odd game of chess. But then I decided I hate chess after me and a team mate decided to play a drunken game in the hotel bar one night, the game went on for quite some time until it went down to a stalemate. From then on I just thought chess was a waste of time.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

So because of just one game you've decided that it isn't a game you enjoy? That doesn't seem quite right. Added to that you were drunk too.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

He used it as an excuse to never play it again. He probably always hated it..

12. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Was more like the last snowflake to cause an avalanche.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Hehe

So I was right lol