The Way I See It....

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by EndLightEnd, Jul 6, 2008.

1. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

The progression of thought and fact regarding space.

1.)We are center of the Universe. We are unique.
    2.)The Sun is the center of the Universe, we revolve around the sun only, we are unique.
    3.)Our galaxy is the entire universe, we revolved around the center, we could still be unique...
    4.)We are one of BILLIONS of galaxies, space is HUGE. Is it possible we are unique?
    ----------------------------------------
    This is where most people are today. But lets continue....
    ----------------------------------------
    5.)No space is far too big, intelligent life must exist somewhere else. But we are isolated, but no longer unique.
    6.)Intelligent life would probably be millions of years ahead both evolutionary and technologically, giving ample time to travel vast distances.
    7.)And then for the last step, intelligent life is already here!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There are two thought on the matter of why intelligent life hasn't visited us from another planet.

1. Advanced societies burn out quickly.
    2. It's unlikely they would travel that distance, given that it would take many generations to get here, and what would be the point? Given Relativity, if they traveled close to the speed of light to get here, their own planet would proceed thousands of years ahead, meaning they could never return to the life they knew.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Well im not really a big fan of relativity. I believe in the electric universe filled and governed by plasmas, not dominated by gravity.

Instead of attributing 95% of all mass missing, why not take into account a force which is MUCH stronger than gravity? Current cosmological models only take gravity into account which I think is ridiculous.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.