Kane is a genious **spoiler warning**

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Mr.Spock, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

he brought the scrin so he can takeover their technology and rule the universe. he used GDI, he used the scrin, and he probably knows they are coming to invade.

moreover, it turns out that Kane is actually Caine.

The notion of Kane being none other than the figure of Cain is exemplified by numerous Judeo-Christian and Islamic allusions to Kane's nature which are found within the C&C games. He uses names like "Jacob", "Amir al-Quayym" and "Caine" as his aliases,[8] the Brotherhood of Nod's first stealth tank prototype was called "Ezekiel's Wheel"[9] - in apparent reference to the angels witnessed by Ezekiel - and the name of "Nod" itself appears to be alluding to the so-called "Land of Nod", a place Cain was made to wander by God as the punishment for having slain his brother Abel; allegedly the first incident of murder in humanity's history according to the faiths of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Additionally, in the Soviet ending of Command & Conquer: Red Alert, one of Kane's followers suddenly cites the very passage in the Bible which describes how Cain settled in this Land of Nod.[10] Perhaps most importantly, in the Nod campaign of the original Command & Conquer game, the player's superior initially is a man named Seth, Cain's second and youngest brother according to the Bible and Islamic hadith, who is shown to act as Kane's right-hand man.[11] As the player progresses through the campaign, Kane is shown as beginning to favour him over Seth, who subsequently becomes increasingly enraged with the player following each consecutive success. Seth then plots to have both Kane and the player removed by attempting to usurp Kane's position within the Brotherhood, while ordering the player on a suicidal invasion of the United States of America.[12] Before this can occur, however, Kane shoots Seth in the head as he is briefing the player on the planned assault; his body is preserved in the Temple of Nod as a "trophy" and a constant reminder to any who would plot against Kane. This trophy was later seen in Command & Conquer: Renegade by a GDI commando who had managed to infiltrate the Temple grounds, and who discovered a sarcophagus bearing the name of Abel along with the parable of Cain and Abel carved in ancient Hebrew deep within the foundations of the structure, which according to Kane marked the site of Nod's original temple. Additionally, the Brotherhood of Nod is consistently portrayed in the Command & Conquer games as having strong sway in nearly all nations with an historical background in Abrahamic traditions.

"We have waited centuries for this moment. The rivers will flow with the blood of those who oppose us."

This particular quote of the Kane character, provided in the manual of the original 1995 Command & Conquer title, refers to a fictional Interpol file designated as "#GEN 4:16".[8] This reference too appears Abrahamic, leading to the 4th chapter and 16th verse of Genesis in the Old Testament, and specifically to the early days after the creation of mankind, which reads:

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and lived in the Land of Nod, on the east of Eden."

Likewise, Kane's apparent ability to seemingly return from death and wreak havoc and destruction on those who apparently killed him, appears a reference to the "Mark of Cain"; a sign or curse God allegedly placed on Cain to prevent other humans from killing him in retribution for having murdered his own brother, Abel. The wording of this Mark, while not actually preventing Cain's death, warns that any man who kills Cain would suffer a vengeance on themselves sevenfold stronger than that which they exacted upon Cain, striking parallels with the destruction wrought by Nod on the Global Defense Initiative following each of its re-emergings to the world. Additionally, a Brotherhood of Nod sub-faction in the expansion pack Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath was named the "Marked of Kane" by Electronic Arts Los Angeles.[13]

i cant wait for red alert 3

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

PS
    why are NOD more strong from the others factions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I couldn't say to be sure, I've noticed that since "Tiberium Sun" it's always been unbalanced. Trying to multiplayer people on tech 10 as GDI was plain suicide since they all went NOD and would have the capability of launching a nuclear (Tiberium) strike within minutes from following the tech tree.

I tend to find that GDI could hold their own up until about Tech 7/8.

The newer games however are slightly different with the addition of the Alien force (Scrim) I just miss the old "Agent" characters where you'd be pretty much solo a level just with their 1 shot kill weapons.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

its very hard to play GDI. they have many technical disadvantages. the SCRIN are just too weak and NOD are just too strong. in that sense i like starcraft more because its much more balanced.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Isn't Kane himself as quoted as follows?

We already know time travel is involved in the Command & Conquer series. And Kane has said many times that he's already seen how the conflict finishes (assuming he doesn't screw it up somehow). I can't say the conclusion is 100% obvious how Kane relates to Cain, but enough hints have already been dropped throughout the series. He's a megalomaniac from the future who seeks to control the universe by controlling history itself, and he started by planting the seeds of the Bible.

C&C is one of the best game series ever made, period.

8. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

never thought of that. but still how come the Scrin cant assert his DNA and how come he is in their data bank already? of course Kane himself is a bastard but the actor does such a great job in playing him! kind of like Larry Hagman and Jr Ewing.

9. CptBork Valued Senior Member

It's all about that awesome goatee! The guy who plays Kane must be having a blast doing it, apparently he had a big part in writing the character's storyline too. I must admit I haven't played Tiberian Wars yet, I just read up on the background story and watched tons of vid clips. In the Kane's Wrath expansion pack, did you see the final vid clip? He's badly harmed and on the brink of death, and sitting in some kind of futuristic regeneration/stasis tank. They put cybernetic implants in him and at the end, Nod's battle computer ends up taking over his brain. I don't think a divine prophet would be susceptible to being taken over and "re-prioritized" by a computer. Nevertheless the guy is a big mystery, best video game villain ever. Is he from the future? Is he even human? Lots of exciting possibilities, we'll have to wait and see what comes next.

10. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

the part with the cyborg thiny on his head is from the second tiberian war i think. the end of kanes wrath clip is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFHfNxK9EMg

11. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.