Are you unknowingly making a fool of thine self?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Celpha Fiael, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Celpha Fiael within reason, I am superman Registered Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I hate this video, there is a few phrases in there that have no place in the world, but they are mainly versions of useful phrases that people spout out wrong. On the other hand, a lot of the phrases make perfect sense, and he is just being an idiot not realising.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

he must be the most annoying person in the world to talk to

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

ok,actually "i could care less" does annoy the fuck out of me

8. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I have never actually heard anyone say that though.

9. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

really?do u know any americans?
    at first i thought it was just a one off,but its an epidemic.

10. Yorda Registered Senior Member

no, i'm doing it knowingly

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's like a stand up act, but not funny.

12. Tnerb Banned Banned

Post-5000, I must say, I [subconsciously] are making a fool out of myself... :bawl:

13. Roman Banned Banned

Shave that fucking neck beard. It's atrocious.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Better yet, ditch the youtube format and write something down. Learn to organize your thoughts.

15. tim840 Registered Senior Member

He's just making a butt of himself, like fanatic grammar correcters. You're not making a fool of yourself by using those expressions, because, whether they make sense or not, everyone knows what they mean.

16. draqon Banned Banned

There is nothing wrong with him, as long as what he expresses to us is not shadowed by his insecurity within this society...but is truly his feelings.

17. Tnerb Banned Banned

Actually, I tried to make a point. I subconsciously make a fool out of myself. I believe that answers this. As does most things, I mean, skipping along in sciforums usually one tries to give an answer to the thread. Take other forums. Take draqon's message: Yes. It is shadowed by my insecurity in society. Truly insightful.

18. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

No, I live in England and everyone says "I couldn't care less" or "I cun't care less" if you are from Yorkshire, or if you really mean it, something along the lines of "I cun't gi' a flying pheasant's fuck".
    I actually find it hard to believe people would say "I could care less".

19. Vkothii Banned Banned

When you say "I could care less", you mean: "about some other thing"; saying you could not care less doesn't really scan.

Or it means you're saying you could care more, you are obliged to care about something else even more than whatever, which is kinda dumb. But only if your a grammaticist.

Me, I could give a stuff. Or not.

20. Tyler Registered Senior Member

1. He's wrong on the last quote. It is not a self-contradictory sentence. It may well be - in a strict sense - nonsense. But it is not self-contradictory. The man is obviously not a logician.

2. He obviously has a difficulty with exaggeration. The egg shells one illustrates that nicely. His argument is that he's never seen anyone walk on eggshells and cannot imagine it in reality. Well, yeah, Einstein, that's what an exaggeration is.

3. He completely misses the point on 'a penny saved is a penny earned'. He thinks the physical action of dropping a penny in a bank is not enough work to be considered 'earned'. Well, yeah, but the quote is not about that. The quote is not about the physical action; it's about the difficulty of saving in general as opposed to the ease of spending. Being young and more than likely living entirely off his parents money, he probably just lacks the insight to understand.

In short, he's arrogant, self-indulgent and boring. He comes off like a college child who has yet to realize he's not special pretending to be George Carlin but lacking all of the humour.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Or the deadness.

22. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Nice post...you said what I was going to say..sorta...but much more eloquently ..fortunately...I could care less.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

j/k

23. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

When you say "I couldn't care less" it implies you are not interested in the matter at hand.
    I don't see what you don't understand.