Curious (about post(s)

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tnerb, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Hello. I am curious if you care about the quality of your post so that you can in the future look at previous threads you created and think "oh well, wow wow wow, look what I did there..." etc "look what I did here..." "I wonder if this stage is ever going to end..."

Ya know?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

I care to the truthfulness of my posts to reflect my feelings, so that later I will track my progress and devise how to change myself for the better.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Yes, I have been continuously amazed by the extremely high quality of my posts. At every month's end I print the best 12 out and frame them...
    The Library of Congress also expressed its interest to preserve them for future generations...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

I find it difficult to look at anything from the past. Old pieces of work, artwork, posts on a forum, even old pictures of myself. I hold myself to such an unbelievably high standard that I will always find it difficult to keep myself happy and content. Even when I am the best and others praise me, it is never enough, there is always room for improvement, that is life. You cannot be the same person you were a year ago, you have to develop. Forums are a good way to check progress. When I first began using forums I would get my ass whooped, I debated with the big boys and was found wanting, I wouldn’t admit it, I was arrogant and brash but I was analysing everything, analysing my approach, tactics and mistakes, I have improved considerably over the years, though there is still plenty of room for improvement. (I don’t really make serious posts on this forum)

8. Kadark Banned Banned

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes when I'm pitifully bored, I gaze over my posting history (for these forums, and the various others I visit). At times I actually relearn long forgotten knowledge; other times, though, I say to myself, "man, I was such a faggot back then". The Kadark of yesterday seems significantly inferior to the Kadark of today. I suppose my posts reflect this phenomenon.

Kadark the Feared

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

One of the things I do for a living is write, so I always keep in practice and write to more or less the same standard. Of course that includes using the appropriate style for the moment, but I never let myself get sloppy.