malicious viruses

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by skaught, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

What is one of the most malicious viruses you can get on your comp. Something that will utterly destroy a computer and everything on it.
    And where can I get it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Who pissed you off ? lol

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It will have to be new though, since anti-virus programs have already incorporated the codes of the most vicious computer viruses of all time.

In my opinion a worm is most suitable for you purposes.

But in the top 10 Most Destructive PC Viruses Of All Time list CIH was the most destructive according to this site: http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=160200005

"CIH (1998)

Estimated Damage: 20 to 80 million dollars worldwide, countless amounts of PC data destroyed

Unleashed from Taiwan in June of 1998, CIH is recognized as one of the most dangerous and destructive viruses ever. The virus infected Windows 95, 98, and ME executable files and was able to remain resident in a PC's memory, where it continued to infect other executables.

What made CIH so dangerous is that, shortly after activated, it would overwrite data on the host PC's hard drive, rendering it inoperable. It was also capable of overwriting the BIOS of the host, preventing boot-up. Because it infected executable files, CIH wound up being distributed by numerous software distributors, including a demo version of an Activision game named Sin.

CIH is also known as the Chernobyl virus because the trigger date of certain strains of the virus coincides with the date of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor accident. The virus is not a serious threat today, thanks to increased awareness and the widespread migration to Windows 2000, XP, and NT, none of which are vulnerable to CIH."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

search for sp0rkeh, i dunno if antivirus can stop it by now, but I know that it will completely pwn your hard drive at least when you execute it. Note the o in sp0rkeh is a zero.

They even made a small clip about it, pretty funny http://pwned.nl/

8. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Oh and @enmos most worms do not destroy ones computer, far from it.

9. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Viruses used to be created as a prank or for revenge. While there are still a few out there like that...viruses..and they're counterpart, rogue virus scanners are now money making enterprises. Mosty they just slow down your machine, or flood you with pop-ups...so youll be so annoyed, you will buy their fake software...and get ripped off.

If the virus destroyed the victims hard drive, the victim wouldn't buy their software...so there is no reason for making viruses that kill machines anymore.

10. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Actually what I would like is if there was a virus that went in and attacked WoW. I'd like to see my GFs moms stupid WoW character be destroyed. Don't know if thats possible though.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Most are not programmed to do so.
    However, they can be programmed to wreak havoc on a system.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol
    Best chance scenario: get to the computer and delete it.

13. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Yeah, probably wouldn't be good in the long run, cause then she would just play it even more in an attempt to get back to where she was and ignore her kids even more. I would just like to see he freak out about it. Would be fucking hilarious.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You could just try and find out what her password is. Then you don't have to delete it, you can just fuck it up..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. andbna Registered Senior Member

Attacking a corporation is not a bright idea, unless getting your computers confiscated is your idea of a good time.
    So no deleting WoW characters.

On the other hand, attacking a friend's personal computer is not likely to have consequences near that severity, and it's much easier.
    Try replacing the shortcuts to WoW with ones to command prompt (keeping the WoW icon and name of course.)
    No real damage, but the person will likely be dumbfounded for days.

Or better, a batch file that echos something like: "Error: client start aborted due to illegal software presant. A note of this activity and your IP address has been logged."
    Actualy, you could delete her character using something that sends whatever the 'delete character' packet is to the server when they log-in. You would of course need to figure out some basics on the WoW client-server communications, and then you would just have to set something up in memory to wait for WoW to be one, then just hijack the appropriate socket.
    Alternativly (and probably more easily, though no where near as gracefull) simple keylogger, to get the password as Enmos said, then you can do whatever.
    That might have slightly worse consequences for getting caught however.

-Andrew

16. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Why be subtle? Fuck viruses....use a damn hammer. That'll put an end to wow. Or if you want, look on the back of her power supply and switch it from "110v" to "220v"...her machine just won't fire up because it's only getting half the voltage...shouldn't do any actual damage.

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Just let me use your computer for a week, and I am sure it won't be the same when you get it back

18. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

No, i play WoW on a daily basis and there is not a virus that can go into the WoW directory and delete your mum's and GF's char, threre have been lots of hackers lately though, for example i have a lvl 68 hunter called Longview and he was striped naked and all his blue items sold, but blizzard traced the asshole and got me all my stuff back, but they however didnt give me back my 300g (ASSHOLES) lol

It is fairly easy though to hinder her game, all you got to do is going into her WoW directory and delete little things here and there and the game wont play again!

But i wouldnt suggest it,

anyway why do you want to delete her Char? and what lvl is it? and what's it called? what server does she play on?

19. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

to delete her char, install a keylogger on their system, then wait til they log in and then you got their pass, then later go into their account and delete it all.

a worm that could delete wow chars on all infected computers would be hilarious, i wonder if its possible.

20. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

and then ou'll find the whole account being banned, blizzard will bann the account within hours

21. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I don't know anything about the game. All I know is that she spends far too much time playing it when she should be spending time with her kids.

22. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

That would be ideal!!!

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

are her kids going wihtout, things like food, care, love going to school?

if they are then yes perhaps she should spend more time with them,

i know i play WOW but i dont [play everyday, and its not on the tops of my things to do list! My kids are first

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.