Internet on your mobile?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by alexb123, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

It has been many years of trying to get mobile internet good enough for mainstream use. Is it here now? Do you use it? What phone do you use? Is it now workable?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I have the new IPhone and it has that feature. It does work but won't download without finding a WIFI network instead of just ATT onlimne crap.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. blobrana Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Blue3800 Registered Member

I'm running the LG LX550 (Fusic) and the internet is incredible on it. Granted, the browser it comes with isn't very good, but Opera mini does a real good job. It's lighting fast through Sprint, too. I use it all the time.

8. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

I sorta figure what good is the internet if you're not on a computer that can run it completely? Kinda why I think i'd be old-school and look for a tiny laptop instead. Then again, I'm not exactly in the market, I'm not sure what's out there except that I've tried a Palm TX and wasn't extremely impressed. Anything with frames goes crazy on that thing's browser.

9. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I tether my Motorola Moto q to my computer as my primary internet connection. I'm getting a 2.4 mb connection. I love it...internet wherever I go.

10. Rick Valued Senior Member

I think for me iPhone changed the way i used mobile internet (I never had a black berry before so i am sorry if I have missed something huge

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

).
    using an iPhone 1st generation now, will buy iPhone 3G on 11th.

Rick

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm waiting to see if I can download a software upgrade for my Iphone first. It may be possible to upgrade the old phone somehow, time will tell, just don't jump the gun as they say before we know if upgrades might be coming.:shrug:

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ask barbiegirl

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.