The Perfect Party

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by tablariddim, Jun 28, 2008.

1. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Ok, you want to throw the perfect party; describe how you would organise it, from the invites, to the food, the drink, music etc.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vslayer Registered Senior Member

*rent somewhere easy to clean - houses are full of breakables.
    *make sure all your invites are out at least a fortnight in advance to ensure everyone can get the next day off work.
    *put on a keg and a selection of non-alcoholic drinks, but ask everyone to bring anything specific they want themselves.
    *organise a large order of fish n' chips and as with the drinks ask people to bring anything extra.
    *organise a music playlist in advance, once the sound system is set up, put the computer under a table or somewhere safe and remove the keyboard.
    *ensure there is an outdoor area with a roof over it for smokers.
    *if you're planning on inviting a lot of people you dont really know then get a few big mates to hang around the door to stall the cops should they turn up.

*rinse, repeat

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

register your party with the cops so that you can get help with any gate crashes

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Rent a hall, depending on how many guests you'll be inviting as to how big it will be. Then go to a catering service to order food to be brought by them to the party. Depending upon how much money you want to spend on food and drinks this could be really expensive or very reasonable, it is up to you how much you want to impress your guests. A DJ to play music is nice or a live band is better, again how much money determines this. This will get a party up and going and you'll have nothing to do but have fun and not worry about cleaning up anything or liability if someone gets hurt.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm always available for this type of party so I'll be expecting an invite!

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Huh?

Is that an Australian thing?

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I always have extra food and drink for pleasant party crashers! Those that disrupt will find a few of the men at the party will get them to move along rather quickly if they are disruptive.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

If you have any dogs/cats, put them somewhere away from everyone. I hate going to parties and you're supposed to be thrilled to see such a pwecious wecious puppy. People might as well bring their toddlers.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Be certain to have FREE liqueur for everyone, that insures allot of stupidity, disgraceful things, and other nonsensical happenings at the party!

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

possably orelander. If you walk into any police station in the country they have a form where you can register your party. This means the cops know that there is a possablity of trouble (generally from the outside) and so they can send patrols past to make sure your ok, ect. Its got nothing to do with controling the party itself, its about keeping the party safe from gate crashers because they have been a big problem in Australia.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

We had a 666 party on 6/6/06. Rented a port-a-potty. I didn't want people in my house.
    Lower part of the garage was where the booze, keg and music was. We grilled on the front porch and had food laid out. We asked everyone to bring a chair. Most showed up with camping chairs. I used our garage sale tables for food and games. We played bean bag toss in teh front and side yards. Several of the guys brought their boards.
    The upstairs of the garage was where people went to get high. Only 2 firm rules of then night. Weed smoking upstairs only and no one in the house. Tents set up in the back yard for people too drunk to drive and sex.

14. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Was at a pretty nifty party on Saturday.

A friend's dad's converted a garage into a little private pub, complete with bar, taps, darts, jukebox, strobe lighting, sound system, sofas, bar stools. And then there was birds, ample amounts of alcohol for everyone to drink and buffet food as well.

After hours of drinking and partying, in the morning when everyone decided to hit the sack she gave us blankets and inflatable mattresses to kip on.

All this in a garage about 13' x 18'.

I wouldn't have changed much.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

did you get laid?

16. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Not this time, that's the much factor.

17. LeotheLion Registered Senior Member

A building, any building.

A few DJs

Plenty of people

Plenty of booze/drugs

Mix together & you have the recipe for a awesome party.