What do you do when...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by tim840, Jun 28, 2008.

?

What do you do when Jehovaj's Witnesses come to your door?

1. Pretend you're not home

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Politely tell them you're not interested

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. Rudely shoo them away

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Tell them you're already a JW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. tim840 Registered Senior Member

...Jehovah's Witnesses come to your door?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

they don't come to my door...no one comes to my door, ever. Thats because I don't live in a house and do not have a door. I live in a tent in a park, currently.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Don't open the door. If they catch you with it open just don't go over and show them you're home. You could just tell them you're not interested as well and that usually will make them leave.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Talk to them about Islam.

8. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Invite them in, it confuses the shit out of them.

They never know what to say really as they've never got that far before, so it's your chance to brainwash them. I've had them leave drinking, smoking, all sorts it's great fun.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Once, some Jehovah witness preachers came to me They started arguing with me that polytheism is wrong, they probably assumed I was Hindu. When I told them I believe in and honor Prophet Jesus as all Muslim people do. I started to explain that Prophet Jesus was only a man, then they took leave when I started to debate them scientifically.

When you start arguing with them logically, they don't want to hear it. They want you to listen without thinking and just accept whatever they say.

10. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I usually engage them. I ask them questions, and share my beliefs with them as well. The JWs where I live must be different from everywhere else, cause I have found them to be pretty friendly and open minded. They often seem genuinely interested in hearing about what I believe. They aren't really pushy, but they do usually end by encouraging me to read the bible (which I frequently do) and that if I ever want to learn more about them that they would be happy to teach me. But I have had some pretty deep conversations with them about all kinds of other religions and politics and all kinds of philosophical issues. I don't have a problem with them.

11. draqon Banned Banned

Ask them politely to leave if you wish for no discussion. And every time they come, ask them politely to leave. If you wish for discussion, invite them for a cup of tea in a admiring manner and engage in a delicate discussion of religious tango.

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i pretend to be pleased they are there because "i need someone to sacrifice to my lord satan" Or i offer them a cookie

If im not in a playful mood however i just say "not interested" and shut the door on them or let puppet (my partners dog) out to atack them

13. draqon Banned Banned

wouldn't you say, your use of violence against people who came to you for help is immoral, to say the least?

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

um my dog is about about 50cm long, she is a lasa upso and about the worst she could do is put a hole in someones pants.

Basically its the fact that her bark is so anoying and drives people away

15. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Other

I mumble, Yeah, man, yeah... to whatever their 'opening Spiel' is, then feign utter incomprehension of whatever they say next, staring slack-jawed at them repeating no way... no way... not possible... they told me so... until the stupid sons of bitches are convinced i'm a complete basket case and leave.

16. draqon Banned Banned

yes...but puting holes in peoples' pants is still an awefull thing to do. Yes, they are mean people, yes you don't like them...but acting unkindly against them is becoming them. When one returns unkindness towards the other who acted unkind to them...they are hurting themselves even more.

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ok put it this way, the worst thing puppet has ever done was try to atack the gas guy because he was out the back reading the meter. Even then she only niped at his heals ONCE before i smacked her. She did try to chace a guy down the street which was funny because the guy turned around and just looked at her saying "and what do YOU think you could do"

As i said its her bark which is a pain in the neck because its so high pitched and LOUD

18. draqon Banned Banned

Why are you finding pleasure and terrorizing people with high pitch noise? Do you not understand that such noise can incite unwillingly pressure that can become a very dangerous situation...some people have weak nerves...their nerves might snap...they might get to revenge...

19. draqon Banned Banned

Always treat people with respect. If your dog barks to loudly, keep the voice down. If something displeases people, do not incite their displeasure.

20. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

You mean like dumb sons of bitches who come to your door trying to shove their god down your throat ?

21. draqon Banned Banned

no, KillJoy. I mean people who come for help by offering their help.

22. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Draq, I agree. These people honestly believe they are helping you. Violence and aggression is unnecessary when you can deal by simply talking to them.

23. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

They're not offering to help, they are summarily judging me based on whether or not I believe as they do.

If they wanted to help me, they might come to the door with the contents of their wallets in their hands, pressing the spendolas into my mitts with a hearty exclaimation such as No strings attached, brother !

I'd be one happy idiot in that event...

I might even be inclined to let 'em on in and listen to their jabber-jawed nonsense as though I really and truly cared - letting go with an
    I'll be a son of a bitch... you don't say ! every now and then, just so they felt like they were getting their money's worth...