the univers is an atom of something bigger?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by snowfox222, Jun 28, 2008.

1. al right my newest bird brained idea that strangely can make sense

theory: what if every atom is an entire seperate "entity" (for lack of a better term) for what we know as the universe.and our universe is just an atom from a much bigger one

reason for thought: i was recently rewatching the men in black the one with the superpowerfull marble thats contains an entire galaxy in it, and in the end you see two creatures playing a game of marbles with our universe
    and since things like a solar system and galaxy and nebula resemble that of an atom whats stopping it from being one in a much bigger "universe"

yes im suggesting that everything we know exist is possibly an atom of toe nail of a larger creature or of a rock or dirt or gas particle somewhere in a world unfathomable by our specie

personal thoughts??

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Balerion Banned Banned

Well...if it was, there wouldn't be any way for us to know it. It's not like we could look outside the universe and see what was going on. And even if we could, what would we see? We, in this hypothetical situation, would be too small to recognize any other structure, such as another universe. So it's really of no consequence what we are, just so long as we can continue to survive in it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

I've pondered this before, there is such similarity between the atomic flow protons,electrons,nucleus and the general such like, and the solar systems flow there must me some connection, some constant in the universe be it motion, be it bullshit it is baffling...and probably turned many a sane man
    :scratchin:it's probably a thought for the bong.

though i'm no cosmomacro-atomicphysiologist

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

If it is it cannot ever be known, nor will it ever have any impact on our lives. Also, the universe is not homologous in "morphology" with an atom.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

enmo is right, its only a cleaver lie that an atom is like a solor system.

9. i see but it is strange how the same formations keep reappearing throughout the known universe is quite mind bottling

10. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Do individual atoms constantly expand?

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Nope.

12. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I guess an observer on the sub atomic level could think of it as a universe then, but it wouldn't be a mirror of ours.

13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Everyone who watches that end of the movie MiB "Vignette", has the same thoughts you have. That's the whole point of it. I agree it's pretty cool and an excellent thought exercise.

14. draqon Banned Banned

it has to do with singularity...its a mathematical principle...it keeps repeating over and over as a pattern from quantum state to universal scale.

15. draqon Banned Banned

16. draqon Banned Banned

Timeline of universe: abdriged (quote)

Please take a notice on how detailed the start of the universe had created the same detailed expansion at the current universe...the same sort of singularity rate

17. draqon Banned Banned

FROM SMALLEST TO LARGEST: notice the same pattern repeating over and over again

strings of energy (string theory)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Neurons

Nebula: Eagle nebula

18. draqon Banned Banned

I also suspect it has to do with series summations in mathematical view of universe