i present you the future of the halo flood

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by snowfox222, Jun 28, 2008.

1. from what i know about cancer its a grouping of rogue cells that arent built with a biological time clock that says when to start deteriorating and die.
    thusforth rapidly reproducing itself at an unstably fast pace because it does not know what to do (it should be dead by now and there is no reason for to still exist so makes one up)

thus creating large masses of cells that have no use but to sponge off the rest of the body and reproduce itself a cellular agent smith if you will

now take a look at almost every singal zombie movie that tries to give a somewhat plausible scientific explaination for humans turning into ravenous half dead walking corpses

it involves something along the lines of human cells the have been reanimated, cannot die or some other science expirement gone horribly wrong dealing a metaphorical elixer of life

can cancer be the begining stages of the evolution of a zombie apocalypse?
    or can cancer truely be a gateway for humans to never die by natural causes again. by changing the genetic code of a cancerous cell that says it should stop working once its clock goes off to; just keep working and then rest so another cell can take its place until it needs rest

basicly cells that never die working in shifts to canstantly keep the human body intact and never to slowly deteiorate into death but to evolve while still alive with its expanded life

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

As with your thread on mind-downloading, you're jumping too far ahead.

Before we can utilise it to any positive effect we need to tame it.

We can't tame it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. well thats im thinking is it possible to even tame it? or will trying to "tame" it create some mutant creature thats completely unrecognizable and reproduces by taking over other creatures via infection? think of the possibilities cancer brings! along with the dangers. its only meant to be a playful thought not something to be put into use or examined in depth just a quick little " you know i wonder?" kind of thing

oh and what if we can and the government doesnt want us to know for fear of being rebelled against for and protested for trying to play god which would bring the entire united states to little of uncontrollable chaos

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. um also i kinda didnt mean to right that much. once my mind gets an idea it just carries with it until it gets to the point where even i dont know what im saying sorry

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Probably not. Cancer isn't infectious. Or contagious.
    Indeed. But as I said we can't harness the possibilities until we can control the dangers. Where's the fun in keeping a pet tiger if it spends all day trying to eat you? Cancer refuses to roll over and let us tickle its belly.
    This is a seance site.
    Isn't the United States already a land of uncontrollable chaos? Presided over by the living dead.

9. have you ever been to russia? trust me things in america can get much worse we may be a little less uncivilized than other nations but some freedoms we have allow for things to be unsettled and slightly chaotic. and besides science is just a way for us to reach goals of advancing the human race. the imagination is what gives us a goal to shoot for
    you cant go looking for answers without knowing the question...well you can but its a waist of time

10. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

No, but I'd love to go.
    How?
    Which?
    That's the problem right there I think. Too much freedom, like too much of pretty much everything, is bad for you.
    Yes, but at the same time your daydreams, at some point, have got to mesh with cold, hard reality - otherwise they're just daydreams. And you are lixluke.

Forget about that last bit. It's not important.

11. Balerion Banned Banned

What the fuck?

12. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I know, I don't think she's thought this through.

I mean, I'm assuming he's a she.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, normal cells self-terminate when they are damaged beyond repair.
    In cancer cells the part that causes the cell to self-terminate is damaged itself.
    So they don't self-terminate when they are damaged beyond repair.

14. ohh okay so cancer is not caused by a genetic defect or mutation
    its the failsafe in the cell that allows the cell to be replaced after damage
    but there is not backup for the fail safe causing the cell to be
    that means that cancer is zombie cells buahahahaha in a matter of speaking. half dead or undead cells i understand so my idea cant work through cancer its just keeping alive what shouldnt be alive therefore slowing down the body with useless inefficiency

thank you enmos you have put my mind to rest that the government wont create a super cancer that will infect the entire population of the world creating a giant race of halo flood buahahaha on to other bird brained ideas

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yes it is..

No, that's not quite what I said. Close, but not quite.

To be what ?

No.. they are alive, just like all the normal cells.

I wouldn't know about your idea, I just thought I'd correct the first part of your post.

Yes, but it's not 'keeping alive', it 'staying alive'.

I wouldn't put it that way.. seems like a gross understatement.

Huh ?
    *checking out your idea now*

can cancer be the begining stages of the evolution of a zombie apocalypse?
    No..

or can cancer truely be a gateway for humans to never die by natural causes again.
    NO.

by changing the genetic code of a cancerous cell that says it should stop working once its clock goes off to; just keep working and then rest so another cell can take its place until it needs rest
    Heh.. no.
    You're forgetting one important thing. The nature of cancerous cells is that they keep dividing this means that eventually the body cannot retain its form or function.

basicly cells that never die working in shifts to canstantly keep the human body intact and never to slowly deteiorate into death but to evolve while still alive with its expanded life
    How were you planning to coordinate these shifts ? lol

Try retroviruses.