Israeli Arab to teach Palestinians about the Holocaust

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Jun 26, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/996592.html

Good idea, I think to teach Palestinians about what the Jewish conditions were in that time. It may help to give them a perspective on Jewish actions of the time and understand why their history unfolded as it did.

What do you think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chuuush Registered Senior Member

So, are jews also going to educate themselves on what atrocities they did to the Palesitinians, or they will just continue hiding behind the holocaust

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Balerion Banned Banned

So what's the end result of this? Will the US-backed Israelis continue to ravage the Palestinians, or is someone actually going to step in?

One more thing, if I may: Why the hell is this still going on? You mean to tell me that neither side can achieve an actual victory here?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you could tell me why Saddam's occupation of Kuwait needed only four UN resolutions to result in a Gulf War, but Israeli with 39 UN resolutions are ignored?

The two sides will arrive at a consensus or compromise, when the issue is treated with fairness. It needs distance and a generation that did not live through the Holocaust or Nakba. Perhaps in another 20 years.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't get it, what's the point of him carrying a picture of a Jewish child? If it's just about "knowing your enemy", then fuck him. I'm all for some understanding and compassion, but this seems disingenuous.

10. Balerion Banned Banned

The answer is that invading Iraq was beneficial to our corrupt fascist President. Does Israel or Palestine have a huge oil reserve we can send Bush's buddies to on a no-bid contract?

I'm just curious why one side hasn't been able to effectively finish the other. I know it sounds harsh, but come on. If you want something, put everything into it. Like how the Europeans wanted the New World. They literally destroyed an entire race. Why can neither side in this conflict reach a conclusion?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think its important. Both Israelis and Palestinians are moving beyond their own viewpoints to that of each other. Most Palestinians probably only learn about the Holocaust as the event that led to their Nakba. I doubt any have considered the consequences of the atrocities on Jewish psyche. For example, in India or Saudi Arabia, the Jews I met were not paranoid or obsessed with their identity. They were just "Yehudis". There was never any discussion of the Holocaust or Nazis or Hitler. It was a vague, distant concept, like Rwanda or native American genocide. It had happened, was very sad, but it was to someone else, somewhere else.

I think education about the Holocaust may be the single best idea to come out of Palestine yet. As a man who is from a destroyed village that no longer exists, who may have lost family and friends in the Nakba himself, Mahamid would be the ideal candidate to speak on the topic.

Know your enemy is a slippery slope. No matter for what reason you go there, you cannot control what you will learn.

12. Kadark Banned Banned

I can't envision any beneficial outcomes arising from the teaching of the holocaust to Palestinians. In a time where Israeli oppression and aggression is ripe and ongoing, teaching the holocaust not only seems counterintuitive, but dangerous as well. Everybody is aware that the Jews have done everything in their power to advertise the holocaust to the rest of the world, including countless memorials, museums, movies, books, etc. The Palestinians shouldn't have to learn about the holocaust at all, because its only purpose is to soften their approach to gaining sovereignty and equal rights. If, however, the holocaust is to be taught, the Zionist factor within the equation must not be dismissed; that is, how the Zionists who tenaciously control Israel today are descendents of the Zionists how overlooked and ensured the holocaust's uprising, sustainment, and severity. I'm not entirely sure how anybody could consider this idea as helpful or beneficiary, unless that person's ambitions and aspirations were to dispirit and discourage Palestinians from continuing their struggle for equality. The last thing the Palestinians need to feel is sorrow for the Israelis.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Because they're Jews. They have been victims of persecution. While some people may be extreme, most will not stand for it. I bet most Israelis have no idea what the occupation is like.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It would be important, if it was done from the standpoint of learning and coming together, but he seems to approach it from a different angle, like, "how can we exploit this".

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm yeah, lets see. By showing pictures of Holocaust victims to checkpoint soldiers and discussing them. What do you forsee as a result of that?

16. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Teaching the Palestinians about the Jewish holocaust committed by Nazi Germany will teach them just how blessed they to be having these oppressed Israelis commit Holocaust against them.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nothing.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You mean how blessed they are that Israelis aren't Nazis, or they would all be dead already.

19. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Death brings an end to suffering, decades of oppression, forced poverty, and torture are far more vile than simple murder.

The Palestinians are allowed to live in poverty and disease (though I wouldn't call that living) and, every once in a while, when they get forceful and violent in their demand for rights, their food and water are cut, their leaders are arrested, hundreds of them are killed, and thousands are jailed to teach them a lesson to remain pacified.

Israelis are just as oppressive as the Nazis, if not more, though the type of oppression is radically different.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Correction: allowed to live in poverty and fake refugee status by arabs from surrrounding regions who are using them for political purposes. These people aren't Ghandis, they randomly kill Israeli people on purpose.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm surrounding Arabs determine how the IDF treats Palestinian natives?

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Quite so.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Heh right. The Israelis are forced not to provide running water to tax paying Arabs in Jerusalem.

Also forced to reject building requests by Arabs in all occupied territory. Nothing stops them from expanding settlements or building Jewish only homes, though. All because of Arab oppression.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!