Internet Scams

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by kmguru, Jun 25, 2008.

1. kmguru Staff Member

I get a lot of internet scams that want to send me miilions of dollars or pounds or Euro. I was thinking that we should have a sticky and publicize those scams for public interest since this is a global phenomenon. Hopefully Google will track the thread for the search engine. Here is an example:

------------------------------------------------
    From: "Barr.Hill Johnson" <barr.hill_johnson233@yahoo.fr>
    Subject: FROM BARR.HILL JOHNSON / CONTACT THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR BANK DRAFT $974,000.00

(BARRISTER HILL JOHNSON & COUNSELORS AT LAW)
    06 BP 1409 AKPAKPA DODOMEY
    COTONOU REPUBLIC OF BENIN.

Dear Friend,

I have been waiting for you since to come down here and pick your Bank Draft but did not heard from you since that time ,then I went and deposited the Draft with GLOBAL MAX DELIVERY COMPANY here in Benin Republic , because I travelled to Paraguay to see my boss and will not come back till next month end. You have to contact the GLOBAL MAX DELIVERY COMPANY to know when they will deliver your package .I have paid for the delivering charges and insurance fee.

The only money you have to send to them is there security keeping fee which is $95.00 Us Dollars to received your package .Don't be deceived by any body This is there Contact Address Contact Dr.Samuel Obinna, Director GLOBAL MAX DELIVERY COMPANY Benin Republic. E-mail;(global_max_delivery_company044@yahoo.fr) Phone number +229-936-96-816

Try to contact them as soon as possible to avoid increasing the security keeping fee. I gave them your delivering address but you have to reconfirm it to them as below:

Your Full Name-----------------------
    Your Address---------------------------
    Home telephone---------------------
    Office telephone---------------------
    Your draft registration number ---------EM 5847478

Send this to them to avoid any mistake in the delivering. Let me know as soon as you receive your Draft from the company.

Best Regards
    Barr.Hill Johnson
    ----------------------
    Return-path: <apache@kick-fiend.com>
    X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.8 (2007-02-13) on server01
    X-Spam-Level:
    X-Spam-Status: No, score=-1.0 required=5.0 tests=ADVANCE_FEE_1,BAYES_00,
    DATE_IN_PAST_06_12,DEAR_FRIEND,FROM_HAS_ULINE_NUMS,SUBJ_ALL_CAPS autolearn=no
    version=3.1.8
    Received: from wordpress.kick-fiend.com ([66.45.242.82])

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

Another internet scam

REMITTANCE UNIT OF THE BANK
    Add: Ground Floor, Teviot House,
    41 South Gyle Crescent Edinburgh,
    EH12 0BR , London- England

Attn: Sir/Madam,

This is To Officially Inform you that we are now in charge of your foriegn contract/fund transfer remittance payments. Based on this development We Have Verified Your Contract/Inheritance File And Discovered Reasons Why You Are Yet To Receive Your Payment. It Is Because Of Irregularities And Complications Discovered On Your Payment File By Our Technical Experts In Respect To Your Contract /Inheritance Payment Requirements Which Have Just Been Duly Rectified.

However, We Have Been Informed by our intelligent monitory unit to stop any further dealings With Impostors And Non Recommended Officials In The Bank. Such Acts Must Stop For Security Reasons . If You Wish To receive Your Payment in time and accordingly,Since We Have Decided To Bring A Solution To Your Problem, Right Now We Have Arranged Your Payment Through Our ATM Swift Card Payment Center Of Bank Of Scotland. Below Is The Arrangements ;...

The Swift card Center Will Send You An Atm Card Which You Will Use To Withdrew Your Money From Any ATM Machine In Any Part Of The World, But
    The Maximum Is (Ten Thousand Dollars $10.000.00) Per Day, So If You Like To Receive Your Fund This Way Please Do Let Us Know By Contacting The ATM Card Payment Center Of Bank of Scotland thru atmcardcenter111@live.com

Your to get back with the following information

1] Your full name as the beneficiary.

2) Address for mailing of the atm card to your doorstep via Courier
    Service (P.O box Not Accepted)

3] Total Amount You Are Expecting.

4) Your phone number for easy communication

5} Fax number {optional}

Please Indicate To The Card Center The Total Sum You Are Expecting And For Your Information You Have To Stop Any Further Communication With
    Any Institution Or Office Until You Receive The Atm Card.

Note: Because of Impostors, We Hereby Issue You Our Code of Conduct Tag Number Which Is (212) So You Must Have To Indicate This Code When Contacting The Card Center.

DON'T HESITATE TO RESPOND WITH THE ABOVE PREMENTIONED INFORMATION AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE.

Yours Faithfully.
    Mr. Frank Woodward,
    Chief Controller A.T.M UNIT
    Remittance/Foreign Operation Manager
    Bank of Scotland, Isle of Man
    London U.K
    Phone: +447031893988
    atmcardcenter111@live.com

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

kmguru there is a goverment website in australia which lists all these sorts of scams so people can be wary of them.

I dont think its the ACCC, so it might be ASIC or the AFP's computer crimes devision
    I will try to find it latter