Identities

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by s0meguy, Jun 24, 2008.

1. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

How are identities linked to the actual people? It seems to me that if person A destroys all of person B's identification documents, and somehow fabricates his own, in person A's name, with his own picture, person A is now person B. Given that A and B are of the same sex and similar age.

There are some difficulties, such as family members, who know that person A is not the real person B, but that is not really good evidence, when person B tries to get his identity back.

When person A and B both have the same identification documents, how do authorities know who is the real owner of those documents?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

photography and fingerprint records

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Where I live at least, there are no fingerprint records besides for criminals. As for photography, I don't think that that is recorded at the government either.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

In brazil, to be a citizen and to do anything, you need an RG (Registro Geral), which is a Federal ID, and when you get that, they take all your fingerprints of both hands and put it in the record. This ID has a photo in it also. Same thing with passports

To replace an identity, you'd also need to replace their fingerprints and pictures in the federal records... at least here

8. shedevilx Registered Senior Member

reply to original question:

date of birth serves the purpose currently