The Ticking of Time: A few thoughts... a few musings...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Reiku, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

Time passes us in moments...

... moments which rushing past, defines the path of a life, which surely leads to its end...

...How rarely do we stop to examine this flux to which gives rise to our understanding of life, and how it propogates... and how we may essentially find why all reasons inexorably happen... to perhaps even consider the path we take in life is our own making, or perhaps even one into which we seem to flow through with eyes closed...

... But can we stop the time around us... can we essentially find why these ticking moments of time seem to engulf our perception of where we where heading... stop the time to essentially see the forks in the roads which lead us to our histories...?

Are these questions rhetorical?

Do we know why we feel the sense of time as something that flows...?

Or should we be bound to quantize time without our sense, and find it as a discontinuous fleeting moment of existence, which has no bearing on where one may be heading...

... and if we can see those choices, could we choose another path...?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

Don't mistake this post as something with only philosophy can answer... but perhaps... scientifically answer from a metaphysical viewpoint...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Poppycock! You've just proven ONE of your biggest weaknesses - you don't have the ability to distinguish what constitutes real science and math. :bugeye:

I respectfully suggest this thread be moved to where it REALLY belongs - philosophy !

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

Well, in a conversation with someone who is a scientist explained that it is impossible to explain physics without some kind of outlook on metaphysics and more subtly, philosophy.

Do you think we can explain the mysteries of physics without a bit of metaphysics? Hawking certainly induces a lot of his work from idea's of metaphysics and philosophy, which he has even shown, had led us to many of the great idea's of science, so i argue the otherwise.

8. Reiku Banned Banned

And besides... time is a quantum and relativistic subject, that you cannot refute.

9. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Impossible?!?!?! Just more poppycock!

And just WHO was this "scientist" - your beloved fool Wolf?? :bugeye:

10. Reiku Banned Banned

Not only Wolf shares the sentiment. As i showed, a scientist perhaps less considered psuedoscientific, also knows the importance of metaphysics within the evolution of physics... and please... keep this less condescending...

11. Reiku Banned Banned

You telling me, that a metaphysical physicist has no place within scientific mainstream of idea's?

Now that is ''poppycock'', in your own famous words.

12. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I really wish you'd learn proper English. Reading your stuff makes my eyes hurt.

The first word in that sentence should have been "You're" or "You are" and the last word needs NO apostrophe.

And the answer to your question is "absolutely."

13. Reiku Banned Banned

If it makes your eyes hurt, do not read it then.

14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Actually, the only reason I had for visiting this thread in the first place is because I had a few minutes to spare and there were only about six new posts in all. I haven't bothered to read any of your long nonsensical posts for months now - there's really no reason because they are much like the rambling of some idiot on drugs. So don't expect to see me in any of those.

15. Reiku Banned Banned

So? Don't make an oxymoronic statement then. Period.

16. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

HA!!!! That's just like you! :bugeye: Just as you know almost nothing about real science, you apparently don't know what the word "oxymoron" even means!! I almost fell off my chair from laughing at a what a nitwit you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Hint: try looking up the definition.)

17. Reiku Banned Banned

Oxymoron... a contradiction... no?

18. Reiku Banned Banned

And besides, you are no one to [place] judgement on what i know.

19. Farsight

Clocks clock up motion, not time. And I've never actually seen a moment rushing past. Ooo! There's one! Look at that baby go!

Time is cofounded with motion, not with space. Time exists like heat exists, being an emergent property of motion. It's a cumulative measure of motion used in the relative measure of motion compared to the motion of light, and the only motion is through space. So time has no length, time doesn’t flow and we don’t travel through it.

20. Reiku Banned Banned

Farsight

Many of the questions posited in the OP have actual physics answers.

Clocks cannot clock up time. How does a wriste watch make time operate? Time is a factor that existed before man had even contemplated the write watch, or even a sun-dial, way before Plato's time. And time is cofounded with space. And perhaps time has many attributes to heat, but it cannot be directly associated to it, it would be undefined. And time has a length, when relative to space. You cannot have a known moving distance in time, without a corresponding distance in space.

21. Reiku Banned Banned

So... you have everything wrong, from a QM viewpoint.

22. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yes, and that's precisely the point - there was NO contradicton!

It's yet another example of your ridiculous style. I suspect you actually meant to say "moronic", meaning stupid, etc., yet that simplicity wasn't good enough for you. Oh, no - you had to make it more complex as you do with all your writing and thus turned it into a word that didn't even apply to the discussion at all.

23. Reiku Banned Banned

No there was... you said it made your eyes hurt reading my posts... then don't come into my posts, if that is going to contradict your notion or feelings of reading my posts, because then you have become absolutely biased.