Sat Nav for a new driver?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Jun 15, 2008.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

At the moment we have the Tomtom One but things have come a long way since them. Any ideas what would be a good sat nav for a new driver?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

I take you aren't replacing yours, but this if for someone else?

Do you like the Tom Tom? Does the new driver? Might make sense to buy a similar model so you can show them how to use it, and swap spares and accessories. The Tom Tom One is still produced, and inexspensive, and the latter has to be fairly attractive to a new driver who will be getting reamed on insurance.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vslayer Registered Senior Member

buy them a map, if they cant remember the general direction theyre going and a few road names/numbers then they probably shouldnt be driving.

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

Luddite.

9. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Its a replacement for my one as well the g/f is about to be let loose on the road. But what I have found with the Tomtom one is that the small screen can be a problem. So first and foremost the new one must be a bigger screen also I think some of them now tell you the speed of the road you are on.

Was also reading that some now give guided tours of areas of interest. I think Sat Nav is really going to add to the driving experience, I already think it is one of the greatest inventions ever. As I always tend to get lost.