AMD 9500 Phenom Safe Temp

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by darksidZz, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Ugh, I know this is ok basically but wanted some feedback. I'm confused about reading the temperatures on this thing. According to ASUS Probe 2 the CPU is 55C (131 ºF) right now but it's gone to 64C (147.2 ºF) at times. But the application Hardware Monitor from CPUID tells me the core temperatures are more like 40C (104 ºF). So which one should concern me? It's confusing but which one of them is right? Also umm, I got a better cooler once for the heatsink of an old pc I had, it had an adapter for a full size fan. It actually raised the temp :| weird huh?

But can you tell me safe temp for the CPU? I can put tons of fans in this case but it'd be kinda nutty IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

If a heat sink appears to raise the temperature of the processor rather than cool it, you might want to open up your box and remove the heat sink, apply a new layer of thermal paste and reapply it. I know if the chipset isn't seated directly below the heat paste it can make contact with the heatsink causing it to rise in temperature.

I'm not a major modder, but to me AMD chipsets always do seem to run at a higher temperature.

Also, you might notice I edited your post to include Fahrenheit since some people are too lazy to convert.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.