So where should funds be going?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Norsefire, Jun 14, 2008.

?

Where should the focus be? Choose top 3

1. Medicine and Genetics

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Military

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Computer technology and AI

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Space exploration and settlement

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  5. Cloning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Expansion and civil affairs

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  7. Recreation and entertainment

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. Law enforcement

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Education

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  10. Whole new renovation of civilization as we know it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I heard that 75% of the taxpayer money is spent on the military here in the US. Defense is great, but where should we really be spending funds?

In my opinion, we really NEED to start pursuing genetic engineering and medicine. First, not only would we be perfecting Humanity and saving lives, but imagine, we could have a whole new breed of perfect Humans! Never sick, extremely agile yet strong, intelligent, etc

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. siledre Registered Senior Member

I believe that domestic spending should always be top of the list, you can't build a decent house without a decent foundation and the stronger the foundation the stronger our reach can be towards other goals like medicine or space exploration. having a strong economy also gives us the ability to better help others.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Military, education, and civil affairs.

Military: it's important to have a strong military to protect us from our international enemies.

Education: A better-educated populace will help to advance medicine and technology, as well as bring in more money.

Civil Affairs: I assume by civil affairs you mean things like building projects and welfare and all things domestic. And of course these are important.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Seriously?! Superhumans? It sounds nice, Norsefire, but overpopulation is a big enough problem as it is. If people aren't getting sick and dying, it will only get worse.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No not "superhumans" if by that you mean some sort of comic book heroes

I mean, improving humans in a way that makes them immune to disease, stronger than average and quicker (more physically fit), better eyesight, hearing, and cognitive ability, quicker learning pace, perhaps even better things such as a higher radiation threshold. Perhaps, even, humans with gills?

hey, it's a possiblity, and the VERY FIRST thing should be the insurance of the survival of our species.

And yes that's what I mean by civil affairs.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Without a good education none of the others can be done, so education should always be at the top then the rest .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!